Moving on

AMBER'S POV

When Derek shouted me I walked to the door and standing there as expected was Joe he asked about me and Derek, I didn't tell him that Derek had moved in with me. He seemed a little upset but I come to the conclusion that it was because he couldn't keep Lily overnight. Don't get me wrong I still loved Joe but he was moving on so I had to. Derek is a lovely guy, breakfast in bed every morning and always telling me he loves me and all that but there was something missing and I couldn't think of what it was but Joe is my past and he is my present and future. When I shut the door, Derek started to cook tea so I went to the balcony of the house where I saw Joe crying by the door I couldn't understand why but then he started to leave.

'Dinners ready!' Derek shouted. I made my way downstairs where I saw Lily playing in the corner. I sat down and ate dinner with Derek. Derek works late shifts and it was time for him to go to work I kissed him good by and he left. I noticed Lily playing with something, it was one of Joe's shirts. I picked it up and hugged it, it smelt like Joe. I put Lily to bed and went to my room cuddling the shirt and crying. He was moving on so I had to move on too. I cried myself to sleep.

(The next day)

It was my turn to take Lily to Joe's because he didn't spend much time with her yesterday, Derek was still asleep when I woke up so I dressed Lily quickly and got changed myself. I quickly grabbed a t-shirt and some leggings with some converse and left. I arrived at Joe's house and knocked on the door. He answered straight away. 'Do... do you want to come in for a cuppa?' he asked me, I said that I had time to spare so I went in and sat down. He made me a cup of tea and we were sat in an awkward silence for a while. I wanted to start a conversation but I didn't know what to say...

JOE'S POV 

I opened the door and Amber was there looking perfect as usual. I asked her in for a cuppa but I couldn't help but stutter. As I was looking at her I noticed that she was wearing one of my t-shirts which was strange but what I found even weirder was the mascara stains on the front. Maybe she was trying to tell me something. I wanted to start a conversation but I didn't know what to say...

Finally I decided to ask her about the t-shirt, 'Erm, Amber is that one of my t-shirts?' she looked startled, she looked down realized that it was then said, 'Oh god yea, Lily brought it with her yesterday and I must have put it on by accident.' My smile fell... I got my hopes up thinking she was trying to tell me something but she wasn't. 'I...I have to go to the toilet' I said and quickly ran to the bathroom. When I got there I started to cry.

AMBER'S POV

Joe had been in the bathroom for 10 minutes and I was worried about him after seeing him crying yesterday. I saw Lily still playing so I walked up the stairs, I reached the bathroom and heard Joe crying. I knocked on the door and said 'Joe it's only me, what's wrong, talk to me' he didn't speak. 'I guess I will get going then...' I said slightly sad that he felt like he couldn't talk to me. 

'NO! Wait!' I heard Joe shout after me. I sat down next to him.

'What's the matter Joe?' I asked

'It's nothing, I just had a silly moment.' He replied.

'I need your advice' I said. 'I'm pretty sure that Derek is going to propose to me soon' I saw Joe's face fall which really puzzled me. 'I was just going to ask if you would come to the wedding or not. For Lily's sake that's all...' Joe didn't reply. I decided to just leave.

JOE'S POV

He was going to propose to her, the thought of this made me want to scream or cry. Lily was going to have a new daddy and Amber was going to have a husband... I couldn't answer her so she just left. When she left I picked up Lily and snuggled her. I called Zoe and asked her to come over. When she got here I told her about Amber getting married and asked if she could look after Lily for a minute while I went for a walk to clear my head.

I left the apartment and started to walk, I walked for about an hour and I was heading home when a man approached me, I felt something metal hit me across the head and then everything went black...

ZOE'S POV

Joe had been gone for hours and I was getting worried so I put Lily in her pram and walked out of the apartment locking the door behind me. I started to walk down the street when I saw Joe's lifeless body lying on the pavement, he was bleeding from his head. I called the ambulance and they came me and Lily went in the ambulance with him and he still hadn't come round yet. I was so worried, when we got to the hospital they rushed Joe away and I called Amber to tell her to pick Lily up and to explain why. 

Zoe: Hey, please can you pick up Lily.

Amber: Sure, but how come?

Zoe: I'm at the hospital, its Joe..

Amber: I'm on my way!

AMBER'S POV

Zoe: I'm at the hospital, its Joe.. 

These words rung in my ears, what was up with Joe?

Amber: I'm on my way!

As soon as I ended the call I got on the train and went to the hospital in London I was so scared. I walked in and saw Zoe and Lily, I ran over and asked Zoe what had happened, 'He was bleeding from the head, he was unconscious-' she cried.

'Is he going to be okay?!' I shouted tears coming down my face. We were waiting for hours for news I couldn't leave until I knew he was okay. A doctor walked out of his room and walked over to us, 'he's still unconscious, we are unsure of the extent of his injuries. There's a chance he could have forgotten things when he wakes up..' Hearing those words made me cry even more, what if he didn't remember the memories, our first kiss? I couldn't bare this. 'Can we go and see him now?' I asked, the doctor nodded and me and Zoe walked in with Lily. We sat down and seeing his lifeless body made me cry. He looked dead. What if he dies? I would never get the chance to tell him that I still loved him. Zoe went to grab a coffee and I was left with Joe, I whispered in his ear 'I love you' a single tear drop fell onto his cheek. I kissed his forehead and took Lily to Jim and Tanya's house, they understood why.

When I got back to the hospital I hoped that Joe was awake but he wasn't, when I walked in Zoe was asleep so I just watched Joe all night scared that he would slip away. I was scared to sleep in case I never saw him again. I couldn't stop crying, this was my fault if we were still together none of this would have happened! I knew deep down that it wasn't my fault but the voices in my head came back and told me that it was my fault. I walked outside of the hospital to call Derek.

Amber: Hey darling.

Derek: Hey beautiful, you okay? Where are you?

Amber: I've been better, I'm at the hospital. Don't worry, it's just Joe he got hit across the head and-'

Derek: I understand baby! Miss you, be safe! Love you.

Amber: Love you too.

He was so understanding which is why I loved him so much normally a guy would be going mental but Derek was different.