Chapter 39 - Choose Your Words Carefully

"These are a few dresses?" Parker complained as he dropped the dress bag in the trunk of Christian's car. "This is a closet." He dusted off his hands as if moving dresses into the car was a lot of work.

I chuckled. "I pity you then. The girl you end up with will definitely have more clothes than that." I smiled at the blonde guy and handed him the bottle of beer from Kevin's secret stash.

"It is a lot for one girl." Harry said as he laid the last bag of three in the car. Kim handed him his drink. "There's only a month until the wedding, and you're going to wear what? A dress a day?"

I rolled my eyes. "I have to wear clothes, don't I?"

"Well, you don't have to..." Parker joked as he leaned on the edge of the trunk. He smirked at me, and I turned to Kevin.

Kevin was gossiping with Kim. What was new? When he saw me approaching, he slung his arm around my shoulder. "Well, it's not all for her. Some are for Alani. Some are for Shawna. Some are for Lauren. You never know when you need a designer dress." Kevin announced to everyone, so they could stop judging. It didn't stop them from laughing.

Christian scrunched his nose. "You made a dress for my girlfriend?"

"That girl should be your fiancée actually, but currently, yes, your girlfriend." Kevin sighed. The boys started to laugh again while Kevin took me for a sidebar with Kim. "Blondie is cute." He whispered to me, and Kim nodded in agreement.

"I thought you guys were team Aiden or something." I muttered and took a long swig from my beer. "Not that that's ever going to happen. He wouldn't even cancel his wedding when he found out that Kendra is cheating on him. I would never date someone so thick." I crossed my arms over my chest as I glared at the two.

Kim chuckled as she leaned against the wall. "Well, on a technicality, you are still single. So have a little fun. You totally need it because you've been just a rain cloud all day. You were glaring at Stacie like she had done something wrong to you personally."

"I'm sorry if I don't like talking to a topless stripper."

"Stacie is a person, too." Kim reminded me and laughed.

I turned when Christian called out my name. "Jordyn, we've gotta get going. Aiden told me to be back by noon." It was six in the evening. I thought that was out the window already. "Plus, Lauren wanted to have dinner."

His statement caused a ruckus with the boys as they started teasing him like we were in high school all over again. It was nostalgic and disgusting. Kim nudged me. "I'll take the rest of the dresses back to your apartment." She assured me. "Also, have fun in Montauk." She winked at me and nodded her head towards Parker. She gave me a hug, and so did Kevin. Kim smiled slyly at me. "'Cause he likes you." She teased.

"I hate you." I called to them as I stepped backwards towards the car. "You both suck." I reminded them with a smile as I backed into Parker.

His hand touched the small of my back, and I almost jumped ten feet into the air out of this weird feeling that I got. "Whoa, there." He said to me with a smile. Do you know that moment in romantic comedies when a guy saves a girl from falling and there is this magical stare-off? Yeah, I hated those, and yet here I was experiencing one.

"Sorry." I murmured and filed into the car.

Christian rummaged through the glove box. "Hey." He said, catching my attention. "I am officially allowed to give this to you, now." He informed me as he hand me a small rectangle. My cell phone. When did he get this? How come I hadn't noticed that I didn't have it in the first place? "Lauren asked me to hold it, so, y'know..." Christian vaguely explained, but I didn't really care all that much.