Chapter 9 - Wake Up and Smell the Roses

I pursed my lips and stared at the TV intently. Lauren put a beer down in front of me and sat down next to Christian. They had a whispering conversation and continued watching the trailers with me. Why were we watching these when we could skip to the movie due to the wonderful powers of DVDs? Blame Alani.

Ten minutes later as we still waited and watch the main menu play the same stupid tone over and over again, the dark-haired girl bursted through the door. "Hey." Alani said, storing her umbrella and her raincoat. "Sorry, I'm late."

I hugged the throw pillow and tilted my beer up. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Don't sit yet." Lauren warned her.

"Why?" 

"Kendra was looking for you so she could bitch to someone. I'm just guessing." I muttered. I knew what I said was probably the truth.

Despite what Lauren said, Alani sat next to me. "Why would she need me? She doesn't even really like me. I'm only a bridesmaid because Aiden probably asked her to ask me." Alani stated. 

I shrugged. "I was 'sleeping' when I was actually running away from every room she looked for me in. Lauren was with Christian. Aiden told me that Kendra was looking for a 'girl friend' about three hours ago and I told him I was going to take a nap. So he asked where you were. Somehow that equals Kendra calling down the halls for you. Where were you anyways?"

"Parents wanted me to have dinner with them." She answered.

"You should probably find Kendra." Lauren suggested. "Before she tears the hotel apart." 

I snickered. Alani begrudgingly got up again. "Fine. Start the movie without me."

About an hour and a half later, Alani was still gone and the movie had ended. Christian was sipping a beer. Lauren was getting me food. I was falling asleep yet again. "Have you taken an overdose of Advil yesterday or something? Didn't you have a headache?" Christian was trying to figure out why I was so tired. My eyelids felt like weights and my head still hurt a bit.

I shrugged and let another yawn out. I had fallen asleep during the movie three times with Lauren waking me up by throwing pillows at me to stop my snoring. "Yeah, I guess, but I only took two." I said and drank some water. I stopped drinking alcohol to prevent another hangover tomorrow.

"Here" Lauren came and sat next to me, holding out a plate of fudge brownies. "Maybe sweets will wake you up."

"What are we doing tomorrow?" I asked. "Any particular plans I can jump in and avoid Kendra?"

Lauren pursed her lips as she thought out everyone's schedule. I bit into the delicious brown dessert. "Kendra and Aiden are going out to brunch with Kendra's parents. Then Alani has a date with the guy we still haven't met yet. I have to go see my brother. I'm spending the weekend at his. Christian is meeting up with a couple old friends..."

I groaned. "I'm not going to brunch. I can't invade a date. I don't feel like hanging out with drunk guys, and I think you want some private time with your brother." I stated. I sounded picky in what I would like to do, but everything I said was true.

Lauren nodded. "What are you going to do, then?" She asked and took a brownie off the plate.

I shrugged. "Maybe do a little me time. That might be nice. I'll watch movies and cry about being alone. Then call Kevin. Then walk around town. Then sleep. Then eat. Then watch another movie alone and cry." I planned out my day tomorrow.

"You're going to sleep before eating?" Christian questioned my thought out plans that weren't really thought out.

"It's only a few-hour long nap." I informed him. He nodded in approval. "I'm just getting tired lately. Maybe after the nap I'll feel better."