Chapter 43 - Kick Him Right In The Homes

"I don't care. It's the exact same shirt, and it will look humongous on me even if I wear it in maroon." Shawna protested as I pushed a shirt towards her. "I don't need to look any smaller."

"Small is in. Plus, everybody's wearing these plain things." I wagged the maroon shirt in front of her. She had tried on a black version of this shirt just a few minutes ago, and it had ended around her mid-thigh. I thought she had looked cute in the figureless shirt, but she said she felt like a fabric whale was swallowing her.

"No." She pushed the shirt away. "Stop stalling, and finish your story. You were talking about Kendra showing up in your room."

That was right. I was explaining to her why I needed Nick Homes' address. It was long story short as best as I could, but Shawna itched for details. I indulged her because it wouldn't hurt. I trusted her, so I told her as much as I was willing to.

"How interesting." Shawna said. "I must say that Kendra does keep life a little interesting. It's a bad kind of interesting, but interesting." She pushed the hangers along the metal rack aimlessly. The screeching sound only bothered me slightly. Her lips were pursed as she listened to me. "What's on the thing that Kendra has on you?" She asked curiously. I trusted her, so I only told her what I was willing to, which obviously wasn't every single detail.

That question was what everybody asked upon hearing the story, not that I told the story often and to everybody. If I did that, then everybody would know about how I feel concerning Aiden. I didn't want that. I placed my fingers over my lips and pulled a zipper over them. "I don't like talking about it." I told her as I took out a black top from the rack, my eyes looking it over.

"That makes me even more curious." Shawna stated with a frown. She waved her hand, dismissing it. "Kendra must be having a hay day having that kind of power over you."

I sighed loudly. "That's why I need to find a way to resolve this. I didn't like bending over backwards to Kendra's will before, and I certainly don't like doing it again." I placed the shirt back on its rack when I saw the price tag.

Shawna chuckled. "And yet you're her bridesmaid. Even better, you're her maid of honor." She remarked quietly more to herself than to me. "Doesn't that require bending backwards for the bride?"

I rolled my eyes as I sifted through the various shirts on the rack. It was nice to be doing something so mundane with my sister. It felt like I didn't have all this stuff going on in my life. I used to take her shopping when we were younger every now and then. It was a sister bonding kind of thing. I felt like I was a teenager again with my mother and getting through high school being my biggest problems. I loved it, and it was mostly because it got me away from the banes of my existence. "Yeah, and she has me up to my neck in duties. Schedules every single day right at breakfast, but I'm playing hooky today to spend time with you."

"How'd you get out? I think she'd notice if you weren't there with the whole love triangle thing that's going on. Or is it a square now with that Parker guy?" She asked.

"If it has to be classified as a shape, then it's a triangle. Parker's just a friend. That's been established and officiated." I clarified to her. "And, I turned my phone off while sneaking out between duties. I told Alani that I was leaving, though, so that no one worries that I might have been abducted or dead when they try to call me and it goes straight to voicemail." That made it a peaceful afternoon with my beloved sister who I didn't see enough as it was. She nodded in approval, so I continued. "Well, anyways. To get rid of this blackmail all together, I need to pay Nick Homes a visit. I was hoping that you might know where he lives." I explained to her as I held up a pink blouse with puffy sleeves up to Shawna.