Chapter 13 - Gosh, I'm Needy

I awoke on my bed, under my sheets. A glass of water was placed on my nightstand. My socks had been taken off. The doors were all closed. Now, I was one hundred percent sure I had fallen asleep on the couch during a Friends marathon. Freaky.

As more of my memory came back to me, I recalled that I was not alone last night like usually. I had fallen asleep next to Aiden. I supposed that this meant that I should forgive him. However, this was a big however, I was the most stubborn person whenever it came to forgiveness.

I got up and drained the glass of its contents. I made my way to the bathroom and was greeted by the ugly me. It wasn’t pleasant and it wasn’t a surprise. I ran my hand through my hair and continued my morning routine of trying to get me to look less ugly.

It took me a little bit longer than usual considering that I was in no hurry whatsoever and y’know, that stupid female thing that only happens to females. Ugh. I think I spent a good ten minutes sitting in front of my closet. I just stared at my clothes for that time and I can’t say that the thought of Kendra’s much better closet didn’t come to mind.

There was knocking on my door. I hurried to pull my sweatshirt over my head. “Jordyn! You aren’t sick let us in.” I heard the way to familiar voice. “We know the truth because well, I don’t feel comfortable yelling it while there’s a chance that Ai-“

I pulled the door open and Alani stopped her incessant thumping on my hotel room. “I don’t know about that. I feel a little queasy.” I gripped my stomach. I did feel a little more tired than usual. I felt pangs in my left abdomen. I could use some food, too. Oh, no.

“Well you look queasy, too.” Christian commented and leaned on the doorframe. I let them come in and I went back to my couch, my nice, beautiful, comforting couch. I curled up into a ball. The pain wouldn’t go away.

Alani sat on the ground next to my face. “Oh no.” Alani seemed scared and panicked. She stood up and stood back. She peered at me with worry. She pulled her hair behind her ear like she did whenever she was worried.

“What, is she okay?” Lauren quickly bent down and pressed the back of her hand to my forehead. “She can’t be actually sick.” Lauren’s face looked worried but also had a look of disbelief. She stepped back to converse with Alani.

Alani shook her head and her mouth was agape in fear. She was unprepared. “It’s her time of the month.” Alani pronounced it like it was the end of the world and it very well should’ve been. I curled tighter as the pain in my abdomen sharpened. “I’m not ready for it.”

Christian rolled his eyes. “It seriously can’t be that bad. You women get it once a month, it should be a stroll in the park by now.” He blew it off like every man. Oh, please. Meanwhile, I lay in front of him in great pain.

Lauren glared at him. “I can’t believe you just said that.” She crossed her arm and her tone held no amusement. I guess Christian was in trouble but the fact that my side was exploding prevented my ability to be even slightly entertained.

Alani bent down again. “I’m not ready to handle this. Not without the care package.” Yup, she was in a mild panicked zone.

Lauren looked at Alani weirdly. “What’s ‘the care package’?” She asked.

Alani sighed and settled on the table. “Jordyn hates February. Besides the fact that Valentine’s Day is in this month, Jordyn’s cycle is especially cruel to her this month. Nobody understands why. It could be her self-conscious being upset about how she’ll probably be a bachelorette her whole life. Anyways, the extra cruelty results in Jordyn not moving for a week, the worse cravings, emotional wrecks, and her temper being extremely short. Symptoms do vary every year, but the pain and temper thing is consistent. So, I developed this care package for her that helps her get through the week. It has a movie for each day of the week depending on her mood, extensive supply of chocolate, heated blankets, soft pillows, some other various junk food, a teddy bear, menus for different places that do delivery, and coke. Some stuff gets used, but others don’t. Either way, it’s easier to tolerate her needs if everything is in one place. I forgot to make one when she came! It’s safe to say this week will be terrible.”