Chapter 47- Confessions Are A Private Business

| Pre A/N |

I apologize for how highly unedited this is!

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Funny seeing you here." A familiar voice told me from my right side. I continued to make my glass spin in a circle with my fingertips rotating the smooth cup. I stared at the dark gold liquid inside the glass. Without even looking to my right, I knew who it was. "It's been a long time since we've had a drink together." He chuckled.

The right side of my lip pulled up into a small smirk. "We've never had a drink together, Nick." I corrected him in a teasing tone. "Not legally, anyways."

The bartender placed a clearer drink in front of Nick, who had taken his seat on my right. He took a quick sip before replying to me. "Well, there's a first time for everything." He said, and I looked at him. "Poor choice of words." He put his hands up in defense.

"I'm too tipsy to really care." I shrugged.

Nick smirked. He knew my stages of drinking very well, and they all amused him. "So, I should be meeting honest Jordyn in a few drinks. This will be interesting. I have some unanswered questions." He was joking, but I didn't laugh. My lips were pressed into a hard line as I continued to twist my cup. Nick picked up on my mood. "I guess there's a particular reason why you're hanging in a bar instead of Kendra's lockdown. Does she have anything to do with it?" He asked as he drank more of the clear, chilled drink.

"Not as much as you think." I tilted my head.

Nick ran a hand through his dark hair as he leaned on to the counter. His jean-jacketed elbow nudged my own. "What's going on, J?"

So, I told Nick of my plan, and he nodded through out it as if he understood. Maybe he did because he had been in my position for almost a decade. Maybe we'd be doomed to the same fate. If tomorrow went as Kendra planned, that wouldn't be a question anymore. We'd be doomed with broken hearts.

"You decided to do that?" He asked me. "Are you sure, J?" He questioned me when I finished explaining it to him. "You're a little drunk."

I knew that the alcohol had numbed me a bit. It made me less vulnerable to a degree even. I rested my forehead on the heel of my hand as I brought the glass to my lips. "Tell the truth hurts more when you're sober, Nick. You surely know that."

"Then, at least, let me drive you home. You aren't in any condition to drive, getting a taxi at this hour isn't a possibility in this town, and I'm not letting you walk all the way to the hotel at night." Nick insisted.

I let him since it was a pointless argument. It wasn't more than a ten-minute drive, but I stupidly tripped and fell, scraping my knee. Nick wasn't convinced that I could even walk up to my room by myself.

I pouted. "Nick, I'm not a child." I protested as he held my left forearm as I picked myself up. We both glanced down at my blood red knee as I said those words. It stung like a bitch.

Nick shook his head. "Are you sure about that?" He chuckled. "You're looking at me like you're a little kid. You fell over nothing like a kid. You're making a mistake like a kid." He told me.

I wrapped my arm around his shoulders as he tried to help me. "I don't understand why you think that I should do this. Everyone else in the world would probably tell me to tell him." I said as I walked-hopped into the hotel lobby with Nick supporting me a little. "Why do you keep insisting? You're the only one saying otherwise."