Chapter 44 - Mission: Ruin This Wedding

"Why are we all in here? It hardly seems like it's comfortable with all eight of us in here." Harry complained. That had been the third time that he complained, but there was a smile on his face. I thought it might have had something to do with the fact that Alani was sitting on his lap.

            Harry wasn't wrong, though. My room was being overcrowded, but this wasn't the first time. "Jordyn has all the beer." Seth pointed out from his seat on the counter. Obviously, he had a bottle of beer in his hands, and he took a swig of that said beer every now and then.

            "Because you keep filling my fridge with them." I reminded him. I was sprawled out on the floor of my room uncomfortably. The floor was hard despite it being carpet. My head was on Ginger's lap as I twisted to catch a look at Seth.

            For some reason, everybody had chosen my room to be the meeting room. According to Lauren, it was because I had the largest room besides Kendra. I didn't know that that automatically meant that my room had to be the secret underground gathering place despite a restaurant being a suitable alternative. Speaking of meeting, Lauren began talking from her seat on the couch, between Parker and Christian. "The wedding's closing in, guys." She sighed.

            "Terrible, isn't it?" Seth chimed in helpfully. I didn't think that that was the response that Lauren wanted.

            Seth and Ginger had been recently notified about our opinions on the wedding. They had been informed as far as that we'd do anything to stop it from happening. We had decided to include them on the basis that Seth had gotten a head start on Lauren's plan to sabotage the ice sculpture that, in all honesty, would've melted anyways the second that it would be placed in the sun. Seth had meant it as a practical joke and Lauren had meant it to stall the wedding processes, but the same result had happened, and Seth was confused to see Lauren at the crime scene while he was waiting to see Kendra's face.

            There was that. Then, as Harry had told me, Alani had basically spilled the beans to him a while ago. "She hasn't even thought of postponing it." Alani groaned as she relaxed into Harry.

            "It's because Aiden's there at her beck and call to correct anything that goes wrong." Parker muttered. "She has him fix it before there's anytime to consider postponing." It was true. Aiden had been sticking to Kendra's side the past few days. If anyone from the outside saw them, they would think that he was happy where he was. Every now and then, I caught a flash of sadness or annoyance or anger when I saw them together. When no one was looking at him but me during our little wedding party escapades, he didn't seem particularly... excited for his wedding.

            If Kendra found a flaw, it was Aiden's job to get it fixed. The flowers were arranged incorrectly? Aiden reordered them. The fabric covering for the tent was the wrong shade? Aiden ordered and paid for a new one. An ice sculpture mysteriously flash melted? Aiden asked for a new one to be made, bigger and better.

            It was sad to watch. It pained me to watch him be that miserable.

            "Because Kendra's got something on him." Ginger informed us as if this was casual news. "Like she has something on Jordyn."

            Alani sat up straight and leaned towards Ginger with wide eyes. "What?"

            "Had something on me. That was taken care of." I corrected Ginger as I sat up, too. I turned on my bum to look at her squarely. "You know this for sure?" I looked into her beautiful grey eyes as I asked her. It was crucial information that we needed. If we could get rid of it like I had gotten rid of mine, then all our problems had a smooth road to a resolution.