Final Author's Note and "The Sk8er Chic" Preview

Oh, guys, I wanna cry. It's the end!

I've been working on this story on and off for about two years now, and it's just come to an end. It's feels like the end of an era. I remember when I first posted this two years ago when I was at a friend's house, and I remember thinking of the several different scenarios for Jordyn.

It's actually amazing that I finished this story. I'll tell you now that I didn't think I would. Here, we are though. It's been a long time coming. I will miss you readers that will depart from my side since this is the end. I hope that you will read my other stuff as well though.

Speaking of which...

I will give you a gift, my lovely readers.

A preview of the story I will be working on next!

(DRUMROLL) The Sk8er Chic!

"What? You think I'm ugly now or something?" I smirk at him as he wanders around my room. He examines all my "pretty little girly" things. This is how comfortable I am supposed to be around him. This whole time that he's been back, I have felt tension. It isn't far fetched why I feel that way, but as I am smiling at him and he is smiling at me, it's nice to know that some of our old friendship still exists.

"No. You actually look really pretty." Ethan replies to me as his fingers dance over the makeup boxes laid on my vanity. "I just said different." He explains the difference to me.

I roll my eyes at him, and I stand up from my bed. I walk over next to him. "You think I look pretty?" I question him with a knowing smile. He freezes at the question and comes up with air as the answer. He doesn't even meet my eye. "You never used to say that to me." I remind him.

He never did. I could never think of a time in my childhood when he said I was pretty or I was beautiful. Cool is the word he usually describes me with when I did some amazing trick on the skateboard. When I realized that a while ago, it sucked.

Ethan picks up a hair tie and latches it around his gun shaped fingers. "I thought it was obvious." He states as he shoots the black tie at my bed sheets. "Did I have to say you were pretty all the time, Bella?" He says the nickname with some force that didn't sound all that happy. The tension in his jaw passes as he continues to talk. "Because that just makes you a little high maintenance." He says as he moves towards my closet.

"It's nice to hear once in a while." I shrug as I watch him carefully.

He shifts the fashionable clothes left and right, but it's not the clothes that he's trying to get to. He looks back at me for a second in his exploration. "Fine. Then, you are beautiful today, Bella." He says, catching me off guard a little at how causal the words slip from his mouth.

My heart starts to beat a little faster, although, I'm not completely sure why. It's not like he's the first guy to ever call me beautiful or pretty. That would be absurd. It is absurd that I'm making such a big deal out of this. Geez.

Ethan starts to pull something out that I've hidden in the back of my closet a long time ago. I should have thrown it out a long time ago, and yet I could never bring myself to every time I see it. So I hide it at the back of my closet. It is never supposed to earth itself again, but Ethan has to go and snoop around until he finds it. "I've hit gold!" He smiles widely at me as he holds the black plank of wood that has four wheels attached to it. "We should go see if you still got the moves."

"Absolutely not!" I protest in horror. The words come out like a reflex.

"You act as if it's the grim reaper's scythe." Ethan looks at me and then at the old skateboard wit the red and blue design on the bottom. "I guarantee you it's not."

"I'm not riding that thing, Ethan!"

Ethan rolls his eyes. His eyes scan the board as he speaks because he doesn't want me to hear. "Is it because it doesn't fit your new personality?" He says with a little bit of bitterness obvious in his voice.

"What?" I challenge him to repeat what he said.

Ethan looks back at me. He doesn't repeat the bitter words, and instead presents a new challenge. I never turn down challenges. It's a part of my nature that will never change. "I said that if you can still ride to the diner, then I'd buy Jean's. If you fall on your ass on the way there, then you pay. How about it, White?"

He knows that a challenge makes me itch. I always want to win bets, even stupid ones. My fingertips start to twitch at the notion of turning it down. I part my lips to answer him.

There it is. A short excerpt of the book.

The plot of The Sk8er Chic follows Isabella White and her old friend Ethan Knight that has recently moved back to town.

Isabella and Ethan haven't seen each other in four years.

Over the course of four years, thing can change. Barely does it ever stay the same. That especially goes for Isabella.

Isabella White is your typical girl. She like shopping. She likes makeup. She likes jewelry. She likes cute clothes. She stays away from the skateboarders in the school and hangs around girls like her.

Ethan Knight is your skater boy. He rides his board everywhere. He wears his jeans and T-Shirts, beanies when it's needed. Isabella White used to be his best friend.

When Ethan comes back after four years, he doesn't recognized the person everyone calls Isabella "Bella" White. It's obviously not the skater girl he left behind. Ethan's not sure whether or not he likes the change, but he knows he likes the girl that used to ride past his house in Vans sneakers on a board.

It's crazy how much can change with time. The question is... is it too much?

Please, please go give this story a try. It's been in the works for almost as long as HTRAW, but I put it on hold so that I could finish HTRAW. It's a little different with alternating POVs and it's teen-focused. But, please, please check it out! Five parts are already posted! Please go check it out.

And for the last time for those of you that might jump ship...

~ Sara (OhMyxo)

P.S. Keep being awesome