Chapter 7

When I woke up again there was food waiting for me, but I didn't have an appetite. I felt sick just looking at it; with everything that had happened and is happening, it's taking its toll on me. I'm now getting headaches, my stomach is burning, I'm losing weight and my wolf isn't able to talk to me. I closed my eyes and allowed the tears to fall, unable to hold in my emotions. I sobbed hard, my body shaking violently from the cries. Tears soaked my hands and my face, any hair that was near my eyes was now sticking to my face as well.

I stopped myself from continuing after a while, I felt completely empty. My heart hurt from the second rejection of my life and I was determined to make this one the last. If there is such a thing as a third chance mate, then I'm just going to run away from him. My first two mates hate me, my own family loathes me and my mother left because of me. I stared at the ground, why am I even alive still? I have nothing to live for, no one wants me here.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I looked up to see a guard popping his head in, his eyes holding concern. Why are these guards being nice to me? Every single day I hear them torture other prisoners, yelling things at them and whipping them or beating them. Why am I so different? Is it because of her?

I swallowed and nodded my head, "Yes."

I knew he didn't believe me, he seemed like he wanted to argue, but I gave him an irritated look. I wasn't irritated with him, I was only annoyed with myself. He sighed and nodded, closing the door behind him. I let out a sigh and rested the side of my head on the cold wall. I licked my lips, my mouth dry. I shook my head, I don't even have the strength to go over to grab the water bottle. I don't deserve it anyways, all I do is ruin peoples' lives.

That night the pain happened again, this time I bit my lip so I wouldn't cry. I clawed my abdomen, the blood soaking my second shirt as well. I didn't stop until I felt someone pinning me down, ordering me to stop. I let out a strangled cry, begging for them to stop it. To stop all this damn pain. Mentally and physically.

"Why can't someone just stop hurting me!?" I cried out, tears rolling down my cheeks.

Whoever was holding me was stunned by my strength, I was able to get out of their grip and claw my abdomen again. Once again they tried pinning me down, but I refused. I started to kick and snap, my canines showing as I partially shifted. My wolf howled in pain, trying her hardest to protect us. I didn't hurt whoever it was, I only continued to claw myself.

The pain spread from my abdomen to my stomach and so did my claw marks. I clawed anywhere the pain was, making myself weaker from the blood loss. When it finally stopped I went still, the only sound was my wheezing and someone panting.

"Damn, she's strong." a man whispered.

"He needs to stop, I don't understand why he hates her so much. She hasn't done anything wrong, she didn't even kill any of us when we grabbed her. She's in so much pain, how is he not feeling this?" another growled out.

"Just wait a few more days, the bond is still growing. The longer he's away from her the stronger the bond will grow, to the point it will pull him back to her."

"And if he doesn't?"

"Then Whitney is going to free her, try to convince her to accept his rejection and place her in a new pack."

Whitney? Who in the world is Whitney?

"Is Whitney going to...you know..."

"After she's free Whitney is going to go with her mate and become the Luna of the Blue Moon pack."

"Good, she deserves her mate and her mate deserves her. Hades doesn't deserve this girl though, he doesn't deserve anyone. I can't believe I'm saying this about my Alpha, but it's true. You know it is."

"I know, but you know he's had a hard past. Maybe if we can convince him that not every rogue is out to ruin whatever happiness he has, maybe he'll accept her."

"He's never going to realize it though, the sad part is...she is his key to happiness."

It was silent for a moment, I tried processing all of their conversation but my mind was a mess. I then heard a gasp.

"He needs to touch her."

"He already did."

"No, I mean hold her and really look at her. You know how much I hated my mate until I did so...I can't even stand to see her get hurt now." the man sounded.

"How in the world are we going to get him down here?"

"I have no idea."

I slowly slipped into oblivion, their voices becoming distant as I continued to fall back into the darkness.

Author's note: Their conversation will make sense soon. :)