Chapter 9

Whitney spent time with me for the rest of the afternoon, she promised she would help me either escape or put some common sense into Hades. She promised me that she wasn't having sex with him, if she was then I would have felt even worse pain. I swallowed at the thought, but what if he forces her into it? He did say he loves her, but does he love her enough not to rape her? I shook my head, I barely know the guy. After she left I laid down and stared at the ceiling, studying each crack.

I chuckled to myself, comparing the ceiling to my life. All cracks, like the water dripping through them, my will to live is dripping through the cracks in my life. I rolled onto my side and closed my eyes, exhausted from the past two nights. I knew it was most likely going to be worse tonight, but Whitney warned me that if it goes to my chest and I claw my chest, I could easily cut deep enough to do some serious damage. I just need to control my clawing, but I know I won't be able to. It's like I go into wolf mode or something, I just try my best to get it to stop.

Sure enough, later that night the burning started again. It was even worse, slowly making its way to my chest. I cried out and clawed my abdomen, then my stomach. The blood poured out, soaking my shirt and even leaking onto the ground. I knew I was cutting deeper now, but I couldn't stop. My wolf and I both panicking, both of us trying our hardest to stop the pain. It traveled up to where my stomach and chest meet, my claws cutting through my flesh with ease. I had hot tears rolling down my cheeks and my claws causing the pool of blood to become larger beneath me.

I swallowed, somewhere in the back of my mind I knew the scene of me most likely looked morbid. I felt horrible, I couldn't control myself. I tried contacting my wolf but her howls drowned out my connection, making my head pound. The pain spread to my chest now and I started to claw, not as deep, but I was dangerously close. I moved my claws to my heart and started clawing.

I was about to claw again, but then someone was pinning me down. Sparks flew through my arms, the pain suddenly dying out. However, there was a large amount of blood pooling out of my chest, right where my heart was.

"Damn it, she clawed her heart! See? This is what happens when you're too selfish to listen to me or anyone else!" Whitney's voice echoed; she was snapping at someone.

His scent filled my nostrils and I relaxed, the warmth from his touch helping me do so. I opened my eyes, staring into his beautiful green ones. However, that spark or connection didn't happen, I felt nothing. Their voices became muffled as he cradled me to his chest, his fingers running through my sweat soaked hair.

I could feel him moving to stand up, he was then sprinting down a dark hallway. Someone was crying and whimpering, I knew that someone was me. Tears continued to roll down my cheeks as I stared at nothing, I was completely out of it. I could hear my wolf whimpering, but she was getting weaker as well.

"Why isn't she healing!?" Hades' voice sounded, he sounded panicked.

"Her wolf is too weak to heal her." Whitney replied, her voice cracking. "You better treat her good."

"I will, trust me, I will."

My vision blurred then went black, but before I passed out I managed to say one thing.

"I'm s-sorry...f-for being...a-a-a m-mistake."