Chapter 12

~Alpha Xander's POV~

I sighed, running my hand through my hair as I glared at my desk. For the past ten years all I did was abuse my youngest daughter, blaming her for telling her mother that I killed an innocent rogue. I didn't mean to, my wolf gained control over me. It's like I blackout when my wolf has control, I never remember anything. Which is why I barely remember the last ten years, how in the world could my wolf control me for ten fucking years?

I threw my cup against the wall before storming out, I need to find some answers. I stomped down the stairs and grabbed my keys, she should be able to give me some. I know she won't want to see me, especially since I left her for my mate, but she needs to learn what it is to have a mate. I was head over heels in love with Kayla, there is no denying that. My wolf was very close with her wolf, which might have urged him to blame my daughter instead of himself. I can't believe him though, why would he hurt his own pup?

"I regret it, okay?" my wolf growled out.

"Shut it, I'm so close to grabbing some silver and getting rid of you permanently." I spat out.

"Then you can no longer be Alpha, you'll be considered human."

"Wrong, I'll still have inhuman hearing, sight, taste, smell, speed, and strength. I'll just not be able to contact you or shift at all. Which results in you not being able to ever take control of me again. Also, I'm stepping down from the Alpha title next Saturday and handing it over to Emily and Dylan." I retorted.

I hopped into my car and drove off, my grip on the steering wheel tightening. Emily won't even speak to me now, blaming me for her sister leaving when it's all of our faults. It is mainly mine though, I manipulated her into hating her sister. Because of my selfish actions I caused Celina to leave and lose her mate.

I parked my car in her driveway before climbing out, I gently knocked on her door. I sighed, I guess I should be prepared to get slapped or punched. The door swung open to reveal her brown eyes, they widened a bit before quickly narrowing.

"What do you want, Xander?" she snarled.

I sighed for what seemed like the hundredth time today. "I have a few questions regarding my wolf."

She seemed hesitant as she studied me, but she eventually opened the door wider for me to come in. As I was walking in I stopped, "And don't think of this as your chance to get back together with me." I warned her.

I may have seemed rude for saying that, but I know her and her ways. If she wants some guy then she'll do whatever she can to have him. She doesn't care if she's ruining a relationship that includes a ring and children, she's a slut like that. She closed the door and wrapped her arms around herself as she walked past me.

"Wasn't planning on it." she stated.

"I'm shocked." I replied, following her.

A bemused laugh sounded as she shook her head, "Of course you are, I admit, you're still hot as hell. However, I'm not exactly into you anymore. I'm still waiting for my mate."

"Like you deserve a mate after all those relationships you've ruined." I growled out, sitting down.

I couldn't help it, the memories of so many weeping she-wolves played through my mind. Even when she left those men their ex-wives refused to get back together with them. I didn't blame them, I wouldn't be able to trust my mate if she cheated on me.

She flashed me a glare before settling herself down, "So, what are your questions, Alpha?"

I noticed the sarcastic tone, but I chose to ignore it. I have more important manners to attend to. I cleared my throat, "How come my wolf was able to control me for ten years?"

She smirked and chuckled a bit, "So, you've finally gained some common sense after she left, huh? Well, Xander, I'm afraid it wasn't only your wolf. You most likely felt angry, hurt, and betrayed by Kayla...so you took it out on the one who had the biggest mouth, Celina."

"That still doesn't-

"It does explain how he was able to, you let your guard down. You were selfish and because of that, you lost your youngest daughter. Man, if Kayla ever returns...I can't wait to see her face when she hears of what you've done. You manipulated not only your daughter, but the whole pack into loathing the poor girl. Not that I liked her all that much, she resembled her mother too much. Yet, she has your deceiving eyes. She's better off dead and so is the bitch who made her." she spat with so much venom in her voice.

I was completely stunned by her sudden change in mood, reminds me of one of the reasons I left her. She's un-diagnosed bi-polar and with her being a werewolf, it's worse than the human version. I clenched my jaw.

"The only one who deserves to die is you...and me." I stated, my voice calm yet angry.

She smirked, "Seems like we have something in common, my dear Alpha."

I swallowed, dread filling me as she stood up. She sighed and walked over to me, that evil glint never leaving her eyes.

"I have a message to send your pack." she whispered before plunging the silver dagger into my stomach. "Goodnight, sweetheart."

She yanked the dagger out, a sadistic smile appearing on her face as I fell to the ground. I struggled to breathe, my vision becoming blurred and my body becoming weak from the blood loss. I could hear someone yelling, but their voice was muffled. Through my blurred vision I could see two blobs of color fighting and something shiny flying through the air. The dagger.

One of the blobs fell to the ground and the other came towards me. I stiffened when those familiar sparks flowed through my body as she touched me.

Kayla.

A/N:

Guys, her father's wolf is FERAl, meaning he has no control over his wolf. A Feral wolf can take control over the human body, in my story, for how long as they want. The wolf is dominant, not the human half. Hence the reason her father couldn't control his wolf ad stop the abuse.
It only made it worse when Kayla left him.