Chapter 16

I calmly sat on the grass and sketched random things in my sketch book; I had convinced Hades to buy me one yesterday along with pencils. He was quick to agree and now I can't seem to put the pencil down, it has been so long since I've last drawn. I was completely zoned out as I drew, I had no idea what this picture would turn out to be, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

After an hour of drawing I put down the pencil and stared at it, my heart skipped a beat. It was a drawing of me kneeling beside a fallen Hades, holding his head in my laps as his hand rested on his chest. What I'm assuming is blood, was soaking his hand and forming a puddle underneath of us. I swallowed, why would my mind come up with this?

"It's a sign my dear."

I froze at the unknown voice, it wasn't my wolf's, it was softer. Gentle. I looked around the backyard, scanning the forest for any unknown she-wolf. However, I found no one. I clenched my jaw, closed my book and ran inside. I scurried to our room and was about to place my book down when someone wrapped their arms around my stomach.

Hades kissed my neck a few times before spinning me around and resting his hands on my hips. "Are you okay?" he questioned, his voice soft and concerned.

I nodded, "Yeah, was just a little spooked, that's all."

"Is it because of me?" he whispered.

My eyes widened, why would he think that? "No! Why would you think that?"

"I've hurt you multiple times, it wouldn't surprise me. Plus, I have that affect on people. Which is why no one really wants to stay with me."

My heart broke at his words, how many people have ran away from him? I didn't think about this for a while, instead, I had new determination rise within me. I wasn't going to leave him, I'm going to show him that no matter how many mistakes he makes, I'll always be there for him. He'll learn his lesson, but he needs someone there to guide him through it.

I was curious about his past, but I knew better than to ask. If he wants to tell me, then he'll come to me himself. I smiled softly at him and ran my thumb along his cheek, his eyes looked into mine. Awe and love were swirling in his beautiful eyes, making me smile even more.

"I'm never going to leave you." I whispered, I lightly kissed his lips. "No matter what."

And it's true, no matter what, I'll never abandon him. I know he screwed up, but what good would it do him if I just leave? Sure, he'll be depressed and heartbroken, but would it really do him any good? It'll either teach him a lesson or cause him to become darker and angrier, to lash out. I didn't want any of that, I was afraid of that.

Our foreheads touched as we grinned at each other, just enjoying be in each other's embrace. I have to admit, I am a little cautious around him, but I'm going to try. This time he crashed his lips to mine, pulling me closer to him. Our chests touched as our lips moved together; the world seemed to just vanish as we drowned in our passion. I cupped his face and kissed him harder, needing to show him that I won't leave him. That I need him just as much as he needs me.

When we parted we were both gasping and panting, our lips slightly swollen and our cheeks were flushed. I giggled, "That was nice."

He chuckled, "Yeah, it was." he then froze. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you like-

"Hey! Calm down! I don't mind it, we're mates, aren't we?" I smiled. "You need to just...relax."

He stared at me for a few moments before nodding, "Sorry."

"Stop apologizing."

"I'm-uh...nevermind."

I laughed before grabbing his hand, "C'mon, let's get lunch."

As we walked towards the kitchen he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close. I have no idea what has gotten into me, maybe it was my drawing. That drawing sent fear through my spine, making me worried for Hades. If it's a sign, then what does it mean? Does it mean I'm going to lose him?

Whatever it means, it's not good.