Chapter 10

-Hades-

I sighed, running my hand through my hair as I tried finding more information on her. Whitney is leaving me, but I don't really care. I don't love her anymore and she doesn't love me, she does deserve to be happy though. I know my pack can't continue to survive without a Luna, it's killing me to know that my pack may fall apart some day. I bit my lip, focusing on the files in front of me.

Suddenly, my door was slammed open, revealing a fuming Whitney. I furrowed my eyebrows as she narrowed her eyes. Rage was dancing in those black orbs and to be honest, it was slightly creepy. She stormed over to me and grabbed my jaw, not a care in her world.

"You are an asshole!" she snarled, shoving me away.

I rubbed my jaw, glaring at her for disrespecting me. "Whitney, you know how to treat an Alpha."

"You're not an Alpha." she scoffed. "However, that girl in that cell is."

I paled, "What?" I asked, completely ignoring the fact she said I wasn't an Alpha.

"Yeah, that girl who's name ends with Blood is an Alpha. She's Alpha Xander's youngest daughter and goddess has she been through some shit. You're lucky enough to have had loving parents, but this girl was abused by her father for the past ten years. Her mother abandoned her and the pack, which caused them to blame her for it. She was only eight years old then, which just makes her pack seem heartless. She's dying while you're sitting up here pouting over the fact you think she's a rogue. When in reality, she's a lone wolf! She was never exiled from her pack, she wouldn't have harmed anyone!

She showed up on our territory with all her bones broken in her right side, but did that stop you from yanking her to her feet? Nope, you continued to! Just to what cause her pain! You then rejected her and guess what! You're her second chance mate! Do you know what happens if you're rejected by your second chance mate?" she snapped, her rant leaving me stunned.

I shook my head quietly.

"You die." she snarled, her eyes boring holes into mine.

I swallowed, guilt filling me as I processed all of her rant. I hung my head in shame, remorse squeezing my heart as I thought about how I've treated her.

"Let's add in the fact that she's in pain." Whitney whispered.

I snapped my head up, "Wh-what?"

"It only takes three nights for her to die, tonight would be the third." she stated. "And I can't fucking do anything about it!"

I ran out of my office and down the stairs, Whitney hot on my heels. We both sprinted through the foyer and out the door, making our way to the dungeons. I shoved my guards out of my way, apologizing to them as I swung the dungeon doors open. I then ran down the steps and through the hall, her screams making my chest hurt. I kept on mentally yelling at myself, telling myself how much of a heartless bastard I am.

I swung her cell door open and was met by a horrifying sight. There she was, my beautiful mate, clawing herself as she laid on the ground. A pool of blood surrounded her as her claws moved to her chest. I quickly pinned her down, a large amount of blood leaking from her chest.

"Damn it, she clawed her heart!" Whitney hissed. "See? This is what happens when you're too selfish to listen to me or anyone else!"

My mate slowly calmed down, her breathing becoming labored as I cradled her to my chest. I ran my fingers through her hair, urging her to calm down. I then got up and started running down the hall, Whitney right beside me. I started to panic when I realized she wasn't healing.

"Why isn't she healing!?" I asked, scared for her.

"Her wolf is too weak to heal her." Whitney replied. "You better treat her good."

"I will, trust me, I will." I whispered.