Chapter 45

I walked with Hades down the dark hall of the dungeon, trying not to gag. It still smelled the same and boy, was it gross. Hades wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me close to his side. I glanced at him, but didn't ask any questions.
When we finally reached her cell I could smell her scent. It was a mix of strawberry and watermelon, that's new. Hades swung the cell door open and instantly narrowed his eyes.
Jade snapped her head up and smirked. "Came back for me, Alpha?" She cooed.
Hades rolled his eyes, "Yes, only to figure out what to do with you. I found out who your mother is."
I furrowed my eyebrows, what does her mother have to do with this?
Hades leaned against the wall, "So, tell me, what is Elvira up to?"
Jade's eyes widened and her face lost its color. She swallowed, "N-nothing."
"Nothing." Hades scoffed. "I damn well know she's up to something. Either you tell me or she'll receive your dead body as a gift."
Jade shivered, "Don't kill me!" She pleaded.
"Then tell us why she sent you." I growled.
She glanced at me, "Sh-she wanted me to break you two up. Clearly, that plan failed."
Hades burst out laughing, "She thought having me cheat would be that easy!? She's more foolish than I thought!"
Jade folded her arms across her chest and rolled her eyes. "Well, you did reject Celina then screwed some other chick. So, why wouldn't you?"
I clenched my jaw, remembering that hard time. I looked away from them and studied the walls.
"Tell me, Luna, do you love him?"
I looked back at Jade, "Yes, why?"
"And Hades, do you love her?"
"Yeah, why? Are we getting married now or something?" He asked, confused.
"No, I can tell you two love each other. I...I was stupid for thinking this would work. You were the guy who could never hold a stable relationship. You would always end up cheating, I guess I'm the real fool if I thought you haven't changed. But you did." She whispered. "Because of her."
Hades frowned, "You know, I still need to send Elvira a warning message."
Jade looked at him, "Please, don't kill me! I haven't met my mate yet!"
I glanced at Hades and I knew he didn't care. I rested my hand on his shoulder before looking at Jade.
"We won't kill you." I stated.
She looked between us, "Then what are you going to do?"

I sighed and sat down, "You think Elvira will understand our warning?" I asked.
Hades shook his head, "She lusts for revenge too much. Causes her to make idiotic plans."
I nodded, my thoughts drifted towards my father. I wonder if he's up. I shook my head, I wouldn't care either way. It will take a lot for me to forgive him. I don't even fully forgive my sister yet.
I groaned as the phone started ringing, the sound slicing through the air.
Hades snatched the phone and started speaking. After a minute he looked at me and handed me the phone.
"It's for you." He whispered.
I grabbed the phone, "Hello?"
"Celina?" My mother's voice sounded.
"Yeah?"
"Your father is awake, he wants to see you."
I felt my heart tightened, "I don't want to see him." I stated.
I hung up before she could respond. I let out a breath, ignoring the guilt in my chest.
"Are you okay?" Hades asked.
I shook my head, "How am I supposed to forgive all of them?" I murmured.
"They have to prove they're sorry first." He replied, kissing me.
I nodded, "I know."