Chapter 59

The drive to the hospital felt like it took centuries. By the time we reached the building I was ready to shift and run myself.
We burst into the lobby and quickly asked the woman at the desk about Hades.
She frowned, "He was just rushed in. A doctor or nurse will be here to update you on his condition."
I swallowed and nodded, "Thank you."

We all quietly took a seat and stared at the floor. Guilt was the second thing I felt and it sucked. I felt guilty for snapping at him earlier and now he's in a hospital.
Jackson sighed, "Celina, do you know what caused him to drive off like that?" He asked softly.
I clenched my jaw, "We got into a fight...I told him I was tired of fighting his battles for him. That he needs to not let the pack disrespect him constantly."
Jackson was silent for a moment for shaking his head. "You're an idiot." He spat.
I looked at him, but he instantly stopped me from talking.
"Jackson, maybe you should-
"Melody, not now." He said, cutting her off.
Melody sighed, "You're going to get killed."
"By the pregnant bitch? I doubt it."
Melody flashed him a glare, "No, by the Alpha who's going to be healed in a few days. If he finds out you hurt her-
"He probably hates her now!" He snarled. "She's an ignorant bitch who doesn't think!"

He then looked at me with burning rage. "You don't know his whole past! He's also more worried about your safety than the pack's respect! You're just another mutt who only listens to herself speak!"

I stared at him silently, trying to ignore the sob that was trying to break free.
"He doesn't fight his own battles because whatever fight he always had was whipped out of him. He was abused you ignorant ass. You don't know how it feels to get abused by my father! How about you go and search him out? Let him beat you like he beat Hades. Maybe then will you actually understand." He spat.

I clenched my jaw and looked away, trying my hardest to hold back the sobs.
"Now I see why you were unwanted by your pack." He whispered.
Melody gasped, a few seconds after a loud slap was heard.
I didn't look over, I didn't need to. I knew she slapped him.
"What has gotten into you!?" She barked.
"She hurt my friend and Alpha!"
"He decided to stupidly get in the car as an emotional wreck and drive off. Not her and she's right! He needs to fight his own battles, but she had no clue about why he doesn't. She's worried for him and you know what? He needed her to be slightly mean to him. He doesn't listen if you're too soft with him.
He's a stubborn Alpha, what she did wasn't wrong." She growled out.
Before she could turn to me I ran into the bathroom. I slammed a stall door shut and cried. I fell to the ground and sobbed into my hands. Tears soaked my face and hands, but I didn't care.
The guilt and shame surrounded me and strangled me. I have no idea how long I cried, but it go to the point that I was hyperventilating.
The stall door suddenly swung open revealing Melody.
She instantly sat beside me and hugged me.
"Hey, it's okay. Shhhhh. It's okay." She soothed.
I shook my head, "N-No it isn't! It's my fault!"
"No, it isn't. It's the drunk truck driver's fault."
I looked up, "Who?"
"An officer explained what happened. A truck driver was drunk and rammed into Hades." She explained.
"Yeah but if I never said anything then he wouldn't have-
"Celina, stop blaming yourself. Like he has to fight his own battles you need to stop blaming yourself constantly." She scolded.
I nodded quietly before she got up and grabbed a tissue. She wiped my tears away and told me to blow my nose before throwing it away.
"And plus, all this stress is not good for your baby." She chirped.
"Babies."
She paused, "What?"
"I'm pregnant with triplets." I murmured.
She smiled, "Congratulations!"
I only nodded, she gave me a sad look before guiding me out of the bathroom.
She sat me down two seats away from a still fuming Jackson. I don't blame him though, it's still partially my fault. No matter what Melody says.
"Hades Black?"
Melody quickly rushed over with Jackson.
"Yes?" She asked.
"He's fine, there wasn't a lot of damage. He has a broken arm and had a piece of medal lodged in his rib cage. He's resting now and ready for visitors."

Melody thanked him and turned to me.
"Are you coming?" She asked.
I shook my head, "N-no, you guys go. He's not going to want me there."
"You're his mate, he's-
"Melody, please, don't argue." I pleaded.
She sighed, with a shake of her head she left with Jackson.
I sat in the lobby for a few seconds. I burst into tears again and silently sobbed in the chair. Blaming myself over and over again.
I slightly jumped when I felt someone touch my shoulder. I looked up to see Melody frowning at me.
I sighed, "Melody-
"He wants to see you, now. He...might of heard what Jackson said to you." She whispered.

I quaintly followed Melody to Hades room. I kept thinking that she lied just to get me to see him. That when I walk in he'll immediately want me to leave. The thought had more tears running down my face as we walked in.
I hid behind Melody until she moved out of my way. I didn't look up, I stood there. I didn't know what to do, would Jackson attack me if I got too close?
"Celina..." Hades said softly.
I shook my head and continued to stand there.
"Please, come here." He pleaded.
I refused again.
"I'll get out of this bed and grab you." He threatened.
I slowly walked over, but didn't look at him. Not until he gently lifted my head so he could stare at me.
The minute he saw my tear stained face and puffy eyes he glared at Jackson.
"You're the ignorant one here, Jackson. You really told her she doesn't know what it's like to be abused? She does! She was abused since she was fucking eight! The same age it started with me. My abuse ended before her's though. Add on the fact I abused her.
She's dealt with worse. You had no right to treat her like that." He snarled.
Jackson looked at him then at me, he opened his mouth to say something when Hades ordered them to leave.
Melody snatched Jackson's arm and dragged him out of the room. Once the door was shut Hades focused on me.
"Hey, I can hear your heart beating fast. You need to relax. I'm not mad at you." He assured me.
I wiped my tears away and let out a shaky breath.
"Shouldn't I be the one comforting you? You did get in a car crash."
He chuckled, "But I feel fine, I'm already healing. But I know you don't feel fine."
I carefully laid beside him and rested my head on his chest.
"I'm sorry." I sobbed.
"Honey, there is nothing to be sorry for. Jackson lost his cool and snapped at the first person that wasn't his mate.
Relax, okay?"
I nodded and sobbed until I fell asleep.