Chapter 55

I laughed as Hades threw the glitter at Jackson. Jackson scowled at him before throwing fake snow at Hades. Melody and I just watched with amusement as they acted like kids again.
"You know, Jackson didn't have a childhood either. Him and Hades were best friends and he vowed to go through whatever Hades was going through. They're like brothers almost." She whispered.
I smiled, "At least a shoulder to cry on."
"Oh yeah, a lot of crying. His father's Beta is such a revolting man, Hades doesn't admit it, but he's afraid to face the mutt."
I nodded, "I don't want him to get hurt anymore."
Melody smiled softly, "He'll get hurt again, him and Jackson can be idiots and do stupid things. But mentally...Hades is going to always hurt. Not until he's able to move away from his past, it's going to haunt him. It has been haunting him."

I watched him silently, smiling at the light in his eyes. There was no sign of fear, sorrow, or anything of that nature. Looking at him now you would have guessed that he had an awesome childhood. For part of it, he was loved. By his parents and pack, but I know that's not true.
His past is starting to haunt me as well, making me worried about him every day. I love him and seeing him get hurt like he did breaks my heart. He doesn't deserve that, even though he was a huge prick in the beginning.
Hades walked over to me and placed his hands on my hips.
"Are you okay?" He asked, placing his lips on mine.
I smiled between our kiss before pulling away. "Just thinking."
"You're always thinking." He chuckled before sitting beside me.
I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed. "I do, huh?"
"Yeah, what are you thinking about anyway?"
"Nothing."
"Celina..."
"Your past."
He stayed quiet for a little while before bringing me into his lap.
"Celina, don't let my past follow you. I don't want you thinking about it, it's not a fun place to be. Trust me. Just...focus on the future."
"You should do the same." I murmured, giving him a sad look.
He pursed his lips, "I'm trying."
"I know." I sounded, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He suddenly stood up and carried me to the room. He then closed the door and placed me on the bed before swinging the closet doors open.
"What are you doing? You aren't about to go fifty shades of grey on me, are you? Because I am most definitely not into that type of stuff." I voiced.
He chuckled, "Nope, don't worry, I'm not into that either."

He walked back out holding a beautiful red dress. He placed it on the bed before grabbing a towel.
"We are going out to dinner." He stated, walking into the bathroom.
I hurried off the bed and followed him. "Dinner?"
He nodded, "Yeah, we both need it."
I smiled and hugged him from behind.
"I love you." I whispered.
He turned and kissed my head, "I love you too."

I finished up my hair before throwing my shoes on. I was finishing putting the one heel on when Hades walked out of the bathroom.
I knew my eyes were black as I looked at him. He was wearing a black dress shirt with a red tie, black dress pants, black dress shoes, and his hair was spiked.
I swallowed, suddenly feeling nervous. We've been together for a month now and I'm still a love struck puppy.
"You coming?" He asked, his voice laced with amusement.
I blushed and scurried to my feet, I gently took his hand and followed him.
We walked outside to see a nice black sports car. Hades opened the passenger door and motioned for me to get in.
I furrowed my eyebrows, "Aren't you afraid of cars?"
"Jackson and I have been working on that...this is the sixth car we got because I shifted in the last five." He said with a shrug. "I'm not really afraid anymore."
He closed the door before hopping into the diver's seat.
"Wait, do you even have your license?" I asked.
He smirked, "Yeah, skipped over the written test and permit. The perks of being a cousin to the guy in charge of the driving school."
"So, he taught you everything?"
He nodded, "Driven about ten times since then."
I smiled as he started the car and drove off.