Chapter 29

I paced around the waiting room, running my hands through my hair multiple times. Concern had engulfed me, making it hard to sleep, eat, and get through the day. Melody had tried calming me down enough to at least eat but my mind was racing with a million questions. It had all happened so fast, Owen shooting him, me forcing Owen to shoot himself, and Hades closing his eyes. It felt like a dream, a horrible nightmare. But it's not, I know it isn't.
Thoughts of my drawing had me feeling weird, that warning had me feeling strange. My wolf cried for her mate, but he wasn't answering back. We don't even know if the bullet was pure silver or not, I'm hoping it isn't.
Finally, the doctor walked out with a tired expression.
"Luna?" He asked, scanning us.
I swallowed my fear and walked over. "Is he okay?" I whispered.
He smiled warmly, "Yes, he's fine, but very weak. He's very frightened as well and needs you right now. Only the Luna can see him, he can't handle more people right now." He explained.
Jackson and his mate smiled, "We have to get home anyway, we just wanted to make sure he was fine." Jackson voiced. "Call us if you need anything, Luna."
I nodded, "Thank you".
After they left I followed the doctor down the hall, up the stairs, and through a few more halls before finally reaching Hades' room.
"Like I said, he's very weak from the blood loss."
I nodded as he shoved the door open and allowed me to walk in. The room was dimly lit, but I could see Hades laying on the bed. His eyes were open as he stared at the ceiling, gripping the sheets as if his life depended on it. The heart monitor was beeping swiftly, showing the quick heart rate.
I walked over and gently placed my hand on his, he snapped his eyes over to me and relief quickly flooded them.
"You're okay." He stated, his voice quiet and tired.
I smiled, "Yeah, thanks to you."
"I'm going to give you two some time." The doctor chirped before leaving.
I sighed, "Thank you."
He nodded and started tugging on my arm, "Lay with me?"
I crawled into the bed beside him and rested my head on his shoulder. He gently kissed my temple, "I never got to finish my sentence." He murmured.
I furrowed my eyebrows, "Your what?"
He grinned softly before kissing my lips, "I love you, Celina."