Chapter 54

"Damn it, I poked myself in the eye again!" Jackson cussed.
Hades rolled his eyes, "I told you not to hold it from there, but you never listen."
"I don't need your comments, Hades." Jackson snapped back.
Hades only continued to smirk as they set the tree in place. Once the tree was perfect, I grinned and grabbed the box of ornaments.
Melody quickly grabbed the guys before they could sneak off, causing them both to groan.
"You're going to help us decorate, you like it or not." Melody stated firmly.
Hades frowned, "Melody, I really-
"Hades, you used to always do this with your parents, why not with us?" Melody questioned, cutting him off.
A sorrowful look crossed her features as she looked at him. I frowned as he shook his head. I quickly placed the box down and dragged him out of the room. 
I then brought him to his office and closed the door.
"Are you okay? Honey, what's wrong?" I asked, worried.
He looked at me before breaking down. He fell to the ground and cries loudly, burying his face in his hands.
My heart shattered at the sight, I quickly sat beside him and pulled him into a hug.
I ran my fingers through his hair and whispered soothing words.
"I-I didn't...d-decorate...s-s-since the...a-accident." He sobbed.
I had my own tears pool in my eyes as my grip tightened. I kissed the top of his head.
"It's okay, you don't have to decorate. You can go for a run or take a warm bath." I replied.
He slowly looked up, his eyes were wet and red, his face was wet with tears and his cheeks were rosy.
"Th-the twenty-third...is the anniversary of..th-their deaths." He whispered.
I pulled him close again as he started to cry. My mind was swimming with questions, but the main one stuck with me. Was he ever allowed to mourn over his parents' deaths? I mean, sure, doing something without them would be hurtful. But to cry and breakdown like this? I've never seen someone do this years after the death.
"Hades, were you ever allowed to mourn?" I blurted out without thinking.
He froze for a second before slightly nodding. "F-for a day..." He mumbled.
I frowned, "That's it?"
"He said mourning is weak..."
"Hades, there is nothing weak about mourning. It's showing emotion, how you feel about the deaths."
"He wanted me to be heartless and cruel."
I sighed, "And he's wrong for doing that. It's okay to cry."
He glanced at me, "Even for a man?"
"Yes, even for a man. You're human or well a werewolf too. Why wouldn't you be allowed to cry? You have emotions, show them."

He nodded before sighing and resting his head on me. I gently stroked his cheek, kissing him every now and then.
"Luna, do you want us to wait to decorate?" Melody mind-linked.
"Wait a sec."
"Okay."
"Hey, do you want to decorate? Or no?" I asked softly.
He swallowed, "I think my mom would strangle me if I didn't." He smiled sadly.
I chuckled, "Okay, then let's go."

A/N: Short again, I know, but I need to go to bed. Thanks for the support guys!
I'm so sorry for the emotional breakdown!