Chapter 1 - Buenos Aires

Quick note: This book is under editing, so if any one of you finishes a chapter and the next one doesn't make any sense, it's because it's being edited. Happy reading!♡

| V i o l e t t a |

"Mummy, you have a beautiful voice!"

My mother smiled, and took me in her arms. "Oh, Vilu. You are my little star, my biggest happiness, and the light to my day. I love you." She picked on my nose, making me giggle.

I threw my little arms around mummy, hugging her as tight as I could. "I love you very much, mummy."

She had never stopped smiling. Her hand went to my hair and she let them out of the bun she had previously put them in.

"You have a bright future, Violetta. And what saddens me, is that you will live on to achieve your dreams without me." What was mummy talking about? Without her?

"W-what do you mean, mummy?"

She shook her head with a sad smile, "Mummy will have to leave soon, my dear."

Why did she have to leave? And why was mummy sad?

"Mummy.." My hand touched her cheek, "Don't leave me."

Her eyes dropped to the ground, "I certainly wish there was another way, my dear Vilu. There isn't. But, don't worry. We have plenty of time until mummy has to leave, okay?'

Putting aside any bad thoughts, I nodded happily. "Yes, mummy."

She kissed my cheek, "C'mon, let's go find your dad."

- - -

I sat up on the bed quickly, sweating. Another dream with mum in it.. I didn't know how much more I could handle. It had been quiet for a little while, but these past few months have been extremely difficult. Even the slightest memory or image of my mum brought the pain of her loss back. And I still couldn't manage to make it go away.

I don't think I ever would, actually.

My eyes traveled to the window. It was a sunny day, as I could make out. Madrid wanted to say goodbye in the best way possible. The thought brought a smile to my face.

We were moving today. Buenos Aires awaits us, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for dad and I. Well, and Angie of course, my really sweet aunt who was madly in love with my dad. And so was he, but that's a story for another day.

Wait. We're moving today. What time is it? Why hadn't they woken me up if I was late? Our plane was leaving at noon, and if I had slept in.. Oh no.

I quickly got out of bed and grabbed my phone from a nearby table. Opening it, I let out a sigh of relief. It wasn't even half past eight.. Thankfully. But there was no time to waste.

I ran to the bathroom and did my usual morning routine. For today, I decided to put on a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a white top that ended just a little above my belly button. I didn't even bother with my hair, wavy was good, so I just put on some mascara and ran downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Morning," I said, sitting down in a rush and grabbing a plate of anything I saw.

Dad instead was pretty calm, reading his newspaper not at all bothered. He lowered it upon hearing me talk, "Morning Violetta. What got you in such a rush?"

At the moment I was drinking orange juice, and all that came out was a 'mhm'. Dad raised an eyebrow, and I gulped, then spoke again. "I haven't packed anything yet."