Chapter 6 - Sleepover

| V i o l e t t a |

Convincing dad to let me sleep over at Francesca's was actually, harder than I thought. By the time he finally allowed me to go, I'd made about a hundred promises to be careful, that it would only be the four of us girls, if Naty decided to attend, at last, and that we would sleep early because it was a school night, not the weekend.

Wel.. About that last one..

Anyways, as soon as he told me yes, I had hugged him tightly and parted ways with him shortly to gather whatever I needed. I'd greeted Angie, Olga and Ramallo on the way out. Angie seemed kind of surprised he really allowed me to go, but nodded happily nonetheless.

And now, I was on my way to her house, a smile placed on my face, as I read the messages in our groupchat. Yes, we had made a groupchat, after we parted earlier, each one to go to her class. It was Francesca's idea, thus the silly nicknames she gave us.

Single and ready to mingle🌻: Violetta, you coming?

Leon the lover boy❤️: Yeah, on my way right now

Diego the winking bastard😑: I'm going to eat all the pizza if you're not here in 10 minutes

I laughed upon seeing her text, shaking my head. And please, don't even mention my name.

- -

"You're here, at last. Come inside because my food is getting cold."

I rolled my eyes at her impatience, amusement on my face. "Nice way to greet your friend."

She moved aside to let me in and ignored my comment. "Well? What are you waiting for?"

I grinned at her and stepped inside, taking my backpack off my shoulder and putting it on a nearby couch. Francesca smiled and closed the door, heading to the kitchen without another word.

"Someone's hungry." I said, a small chuckle leaving my lips as I watched her practically run back to her food. The smell reached my nose and I followed suit after her. Pizza was my number one weakness.

Camila was already there as I joined them at the table, her mouth full and having almost finished a slice already. Francesca was no different - no, in fact, she was holding two slices in her hands, and I bet that, if she could, she would be holding more.

I sat next to Camila and grabbed a slice of pizza for myself. "This is my first ever sleepover." I revealed after I had gulped down my first bite.

Surprised looks were sent my way as Francesca spoke up. "For real?"

I nodded. It wasn't like I had a lot of friends back in Madrid, since dad never let me get too close to anyone, but even if I met someone I considered close enough to trust, he'd never allowed me to stay overnight at their place.

I guess Buenos Aires unlocked something inside him and he decided that I deserved more freedom. I was glad he did, actually. I was here for so little time and yet so much had happened. Good or bad, something was happening.

It wasn't just four walls inside a usually empty house.

"You'll find out my dad is.. quite overprotective. I wasn't allowed to do half of the stuff I have done in so little time here in Buenos Aires." Camila's eyebrows shot up as she was finished with her slice. She quickly cleaned herself with a napkin and looked at me in wonder.

"So he is that kind of dad." I chucked and nodded slowly at her comment. If only she knew.

I was very well aware of the reason he was so worried for me. He had lost the person he loved the most in the world, the person that shaped him into a better man, the person that made him smile even through his darkest days. He didn't, and wouldn't risk anything happening to me after the loss of my mother.