Chapter 20 - Plans

F e d e r i c o

Friday came by really quickly.

I spent the whole of Thursday planning the two stubborn idiots' date, taking care of every single detail in case something went wrong.

Needless to say, Friday noon, and everything was set perfectly. The only thing remaining was to ask Violetta to go out with me.

Shouldn't be that much of a problem.

However, something was still bothering me. We were trying to set up Violetta and Leon to go on a date together, and maybe make up and start off new. Leon, the same guy I had found out was dating Ludmila, the girl that broke them up. That didn't make sense at all.

Sure, Diego assured us that they weren't in fact together. Then, why were they pretending to be? Holding hands all day, sitting together, spending half of the day together, surely meant something, didn't it?

I didn't know why it bothered me so much.

My mind traveled back to Ludmila. She was such a pretty girl, but had so much hatred inside her. Why? Why was that? Why did she despise Violetta so much, and what pushed her to do these awful things to her?

No matter how hard I thought, no possible reason came to mind. Of course she wouldn't do whatever she did out of nothing. Would she?

I quickly pushed that thought away. She was not evil. She was just mean, a quite mean person, that needed guidance, someone to be there for her, someone to truly be there for her.

And what, you want to be that person?

I felt myself tense. Did I want to help Ludmila? If so, why? All the things she caused Violetta should be enough reason to make me stay away from her.

However, even if we had barely talked these past few days since I've arrived in Buenos Aires, something was making me want to reach out. Something was urging me to go and talk to her, make her see sense and put an end to her misery and to the misery she caused others.

You sound like you're attracted to her, my subconscious butted in uninvited, and I rolled my eyes to myself.

As if. I don't even know the girl, and she's also awful towards pretty much everyone. Even Naty, her supposed best friend.

After a while, I made up my mind. I would go and talk to Ludmila, approach her and befriend her. I hoped something good would come out of this.

Violetta's sudden arrival in the class I was at the moment snapped me out of my thoughts.

She noticed my frown, "Hey, Fede. Is something wrong?"

I blinked a few times, jumping back to reality. I smiled at her, burying my previous thoughts deep inside my mind.

"It's nothing, c'mon, let's go on with the song." I moved towards the keyboard.

I had taken a notebook out of my bag where I had written a few lyrics. While I was preparing everything and the music, Violetta took a look at my notes, and looked kind of impressed.

"Es necesario poder rugir
Inevitable saber gritar
Es importante para sentir
Imprescindible para cantar," She read, coloring her voice a little, as if she was searching for the right tune. She nodded, and moved on,

"Cura la fiebre y te hace bien
Al escenario y a disfrutar
Mueve la pelvis en su vaivén
Pon el vértigo y a bailar," She finished reading out loud, making me rather blush.