Chapter 10 - Party

V i o l e t t a

I woke up early today. So much sleep being wasted, other people would think, but I begged to differ. I was a morning person, unlike many others.

It was a bright Saturday morning, one of those you either relax in bed or get up and have a creative day. Today was not the creative one, though. I rolled in bed and grabbed my phone, scrolling through my texts. As if she knew I was using it, Francesca sent me a message.

There is a party at Leon's tonight. You can't miss it, she wrote, and I stared at the screen thinking about it.

He didn't invite me though, I was going without an invitation.. But I didn't get an invite, it wouldn't look nice if I came uninvited, I texted back.

I could feel her sighing even through texting, and I chuckled to myself. I'll talk to him. You're coming, end of discussion.

Fine. Was my only response, and I layed back on my pillow, my mind trailing off.

Great! Camila and I will pick you up at 8.

I decided not to answer, and left it on read. Another task begins, and it is none other than me trying to convince my dad to let me go.

- - -

It was seven o'clock, and I had just gotten out of the shower. I put on my choice of clothes, a black skirt and a black flower top, matched with high heels. I wanted a change from my usual curled hair, so I straightened it. This time I wore a bit more make up, but not that much as you would imagine.

Before I knew it it was five minutes to 8. I grabbed my small purse and proceeded to go downstairs, when I heard the doorbell. Right on time.

"Yes Cami, I bet Broadway's going to fall head heels over you when he sees you." Fran was chatting with Cami when I opened the door, and they gave me a very much surprised look.

"You look amazing, girl. Leon won't be able to take his eyes off you." Fran commented, and I smiled lightly.

Camila grinned, "Yeah, you're going to be the most beautiful girl there."

It was my turn to look at them. Francesca was wearing a breathtaking white dress that complimented her curves, and Camila had a bright red dress on. In my opinion, they looked much better than I did.

"You girls are way prettier than I am."

"Nah, you are." They disagreed, and I shook it off, ushering them to go.

"Nevermind. Let's go."

I didn't know where he lived, but the girls did, so they led the way. In the mean time, we were walking in silence, maybe all three of us lost in their thoughts.

"So.." Francesca trailed off and I didn't like the smirk that was on her face, "How are things between you and Leon?"

"Yeah, how is it going lovebirds?" Camila joined in and I gave them a glare.

"Nothing is going on between us. Besides, we decided to stay friends." I stated, and Francesca raised her eyebrow.

"Friends. Yeah right. And my grandma's friends with Leo Messi." I looked at her, weirded out by her choice of words, and she shrugged. She probably mentioned the footballer because he was Argentinian.

"No. Nothing's going on. After that almost kiss, we both agreed to remain--"

"The what?" They both asked, with wide eyes.

I slapped my forehead. "Did I really say that.. That's why I shouldn't have."

"I knew it! Leonetta's still on!" Francesca squealed.