Chapter 13 - It comes out

V i o l e t t a

It's been almost a week since Leon and I got together, and he insists that we stay a secret for a while. I don't understand why though, but it's alright I guess, as long as everything's fine between us.

I wonder when it'll be time to tell everyone. It's not that easy to hide it, especially from the girls out of all people. They have been my biggest supporters and lying to them is not a very easy option.

- - -

After Angie's class, the pressure felt too much. I had to talk to Leon because the situation couldn't continue any longer. Lying was exhausting.

I texted Leon to meet me in the closet in Beto's class, in fear of someone seeing us elsewhere. I quickly went into the closet and peeked outside to see if someone was watching. Then, I went back inside and saw Leon in the back.

"Hey princess." He was leaning on the wall, staring at me with that intense look of his.

"Is this a new nickname?" I asked playfully, a cheeky smile appearing on my face.

He shrugged, and I could make out a smirk, "I think it is."

"I like it." I decided, coming closer to him.

"No, you don't." He said, and my smile faded away. "You love it."

I rolled my eyes. Cliche. But I liked it nevertheless.

I fell into his arms, hugging him tightly. I felt his hands go around my waist and I smiled, the smile never leaving my face.

When we pulled away, he kissed my forehead and I bit my lip, the thing I wanted to tell him returning on my mind.

"So, we need to talk.." I started, and he tensed. "When will we tell it to people?"

"Princess, I don't know.." He trailed off, and I mentally rolled my eyes. What don't you know, Leon, seriously?

"But Leon, I can't keep lying anymore to the girls. Not to mention that it's unbelievably hard not to talk to you in and out of lessons." I complained.

He sighed, "Isn't it a bit early?"

I stared at him in disbelief, "What is early? Us showing others what we mean to each other?"

"I didn't mean it that way.." He started but I interrupted.

"No, you meant it exactly that way." I pursed my lips in a thin line, Leon looking taken aback. "Or is it because you'd like to look free in front of other people?" I questioned, the thought just now appearing on my mind.

He looked like had seen a ghost, "You can't be serious." He laughed, and.. was that ironic?

I raised an eyebrow, and it was not in a good way. "What if I am?"

"Look, Violetta, I just believe it's a bit early to announce it to everyone. Maybe if we just.. waited a little longer?" He proposed, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Wasn't he listening to me?

"Are you even listening to what you're saying? This whole time I've been telling you how hard it is to keep it a secret and you're telling to me to wait longer?" Now I was more annoyed than I was complaining. 

He rubbed his forehead, "You're overreac--"

"No I'm not!" I retorted interrupting him, and he looked suprised to hear me angry. "If you're not willing to share our relationship to the public, then come and find me when you do, because I can't continue like this any longer." I told him fiercely, tired of the way this conversation was going. Enough was enough.