Chapter 9 - Just.. friends?

V i o l e t t a

I woke up in the morning, thinking about the interesting day I had yesterday with Leon. I really liked it, he was actually great at these things. Maybe because because he's done it with many other girls, my subconscious butted in, but I shushed it.

My mind wandered back to that specific moment at the park, where we were really close to kissing. I anticipated the moment my first kiss would come. Now I had high hopes it would be with him. But that doesn't mean that I'm crazy for the guy, no, not all.

Pffft.

There's only one little detail. I can't get him out of my mind.

Okay, enough is enough. I got up from bed, changed into some white jeans and a cream colored top, and joined dad downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning." I sat down, pouring a glass of orange juice.

"Morning, sweetie."

"Where's Angie, dad?" I asked him, not seeing her anywhere.

"She already left." Again? She's quite busy, as it seems.

"Alright."

Dad saw me eating slowly and enjoying breakfast at its fullest and raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you going today?"

I turned to him confused, "What?"

"It's quarter to eight. Don't your classes start at 8?" I checked the time and he was right. I was late, once again.

I quickly drank my juice and grabbed my bag. Here's comes another day when I rush to school.

"Running late again, you see. Bye." I rushed out of the house, not even hearing his response.

The weather wasn't helping this time. It was a rainy day. As much as I loved these kinds of days, today was not a good one. Curse being late.. Much to my misfortune, while running I stepped on a small puddle, and slipped. Here comes another dramatic fall where I get all dirty and messed up. I expected to hit the ground but that moment never came. Instead, I felt two strong arms hold me and lift me up, and two beautiful hazel eyes staring right into mine. I couldn't take my eyes off them.

"Hey.." He trailed off, and I bit my lip at my clumsiness.

"Hey, Leon." He lifted me up so I now we were face to face.

"Are you okay?"

"If you hadn't caught me, I wouldn't be." He chuckled and ran a hand through his wet hair. Mhm.

"Anything for you." I felt my heart miss a beat.

"Thanks." I looked down, my cheeks heating up. That happens quite often lately..

"I don't need to remind you that you look beautiful when blushing, do I?"

My cheeks reddened more.

"Shall we go?" He added, when I didn't answer.

"Yeah."

We started running again, both of us late for class.

When we reached the Studio, we quickly rushed to Pablo's class. When we reached the hall, all eyes stopped on us, the duo who came to the lesson together, all wet.

Francesca, Camila, and even Maxi, had smug expressions plastered on their faces, while every other student was staring at us. Ludmila was sending daggers my way.

This was going to be a long lesson.

- - -

I got out of class, when Leon approached me.

"Hey there." He greeted with a shake of his head.

"Hey." I greeted back, motioning him to continue.

"I want to talk to you about something." Things just got serious really quick..

I pursed my lips, "Tell me."

"We need to talk about what happened yesterday." The almost kiss. So, I wasn't the only one thinking about it.

"About, the a-almost k--"

"Yes." He interrupted, because I was taking too long. Not my fault it was weird talking about it, hey!

"Look Leon, that kiss, if we had kissed, it would mean nothing to you, and you cannot deny it." I stated, quite sure of my words.

"What? Why?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because you would that with any girl." I answered, like it was obvious.

"You're not any girl, you're Violetta. And now I'm becoming to realise you're more than someone walking into my life. You're special."

Something flattered inside me, but I shouldn't let it get to me. "You have to prove it, Leon." I protested. I sound like a whiny girl, but I was right, wasn't I?

"Care to tell me how?"

"First, we have to be friends. Then, when I get to know you better, that could change." I told him, careful of my words.

"I can wait forever if it has to do with you." That was sweet, actually.

A smile found its way to my face, "Alright, so friends?"

"Yeah.. friends." He hesitated, but said it in the end. I gave him a friendly hug, that felt like nothing friendly, and together we walked to Angie's class.

If that hug was supposed to feel friendly then I felt the total opposite.