Chapter 2 - First Day

| V i o l e t t a |

I was being shaken violently, that I almost fell out of bed.

Okay, yes, I'm overreacting, but I had been taken away from my precious sleep and I didn't like that one bit.

Slowly, my eyes opened to come face to face with a stern faced Angie. What got her panties in a twist? She quickly pulled away the covers, "Get up! It's your first day, and you are late!"

"First day at what.." I mumbled sleepily, laying back on my pillow, snuggling with my favourite teddy bear. Angie snapped the bear out of my hands and gave me a glare.

"At the Studio, you idiot!"

Rubbing my face with my hands, I made a face. "Oh, that.."

Angie grabbed my hand and pulled me up, "If you don't get up this instant, no breakfast for you."

My eyes opened wide, and I shook my head. "No, not my food!" I jumped out of the bed and quickly ran towards the bathroom, leaving Angie laughing.

Okay, today is my first day. I brushed my teeth a little more than I usually do, and decided to go with a curly look for my hair. As for makeup, I didn't want to put on much, so a little mascara and a nude lipstick would do.

When I exited the bathroom, I was surprised to find Angie still there. She was inspecting the room, a nostalgic look on her face, but not sad. She looked happy to be here. But I knew, she missed mum as well.

"Oh, there you are." She greeted me again, and raised an eyebrow. "Is this how you're going on your first day?" She motioned at my eight-years-old Hello Kitty pajamas, making me roll my eyes.

"Very funny. Now leave, I have to get dressed." I glared at her, and she raised her hands innocently.

"Okay, okay!"

- - -

"Morning, everybody," I said cheerfully when I got to the table.

"Huh? Uh, yeah, morning honey." Dad answered, his mind off somewhere. He looked busy.

He was writing something on a piece of paper and looked solemnly focused on it, so I decided against bothering him much. I would tell him all about my first day later, anyways.

"Eat, quickly! We're already late than it is!" Angie ushered me to sit and eat, and I obeyed. Never say no to food.

Wait a minute. "We?!"

Angie rolled it off as if it was nothing, searching for her bag. She found it on the couch in the living room, "I told you last night."

She really worked there? It wasn't a silly prank or joke she wanted to play on me?

So, my aunt and I, at school, together. Weird, but I was excited. It was nice to know I would have a familiar face in the crowd if I ever needed anything.

After quickly eating a bowl of cereal, I grabbed an apple and followed Angie who was already heading out of the house. She really didn't want to be late.

We thought it would be nice to go on foot, since I wanted to get a view of the city. Before we came here, I thought Buenos Aires couldn't be hotter than Madrid on summer days. I was completely wrong. This place, although it rained often, had hotter winter days than spring days back in Spain.

And moreover, it was one of the most beautiful cities I ever had the privilege to visit. And stay in. Surely, Madrid was breathtaking and I absolutely loved it back there, but there was something about travelling to a new city that thrilled you even more.