Chapter 8 - A kiss?

V i o l e t t a

I opened my eyes slowly to be greeted with sunlight. I stretched, layed in bed a few more minutes but then my tummy growled. I got up. I was the first one awake, so I decided to cook breakfast.

I went to the kitchen and chose to make some pancakes. Everybody loves pancakes, for that I was sure. Right after I finished, Francesca and Camilla joined me on the table.

"Morning, Vilu." Francesca yawned.

"Morning, you sleepy heads! Here's your breakfast."

Just as I served them the delicious pancakes I had just made, the other girls and soon the guys came to join us.

They got their own plates and quickly dug into their food. Hungry teenagers..

Leon made a sound like he was pleased, "Who cooked these incredible pancakes?"

"I did." I gave him a look and went back to my food.

"They are amazing. Thank you." I gave him a small smile for his compliment and grabbed a glass of fresh orange juice.

Diego, though, found this situation quite amusing. "Leon Vargas, the most popular guy in the whole Studio, cocky and arrogant, says thank you? I've got to admit, you're a good one, Violetta."

I turned at him confused the same time Leon murdered him with his eyes. I wanted to chuckle but that would betray me and he would know I was stealing glances at him, so I chose not to.

I spoke, "What did I do?"

"You changed him." Diego answered, and even he looked kind of surprised.

How in the world did I change him? We have barely spoken, and he definitely knows that.

"Me?" I was eating and I couldn't quite speak, so I just pointed at myself, and he nodded vigorously.

"Yes, you." Leon elbowed him and Diego let out a low 'awh'. This was cute and I tried to control myself from laughing.

Francesca piped in, amused by the situation too. "Mhm, Leon, what is he talking about?"

I gave her a look of disbelief. Was she even on my side?

Leon chose not to answer and only glared at her. Then, he returned to his beloved breakfast and the conversation ended.

- - -

After breakfast, everyone left to go to the Studio, and the only ones left were Francesca, Camila, and I. I had changed into clothes when I had woken up, so I stayed behind to clean the table, while the girls were upstairs getting dressed.

Thinking I was the only one down there, I softly sang the words to the song I had been singing multiple times to class, En mi mundo.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a deep, male voice speaking, "Hey."

I turned around and came face to face with Leon, freezing. "Oh, uh, hey. Did you hear anything?"

"Only you singing trying not to be heard." He chuckled, and I swear I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"Uh, sorry, about that--"

"No, no, no, I didn't mean it that way, you've got an amazing voice," He started and I sucked in a breath because he had just complimented me, "Eh, I mean, you, you are amazing, well," It was my turn to chuckle this time, "Oh for God's sake, nevermind.. Look, we need to talk."

I internally laughed at his cute attempt to cover up for complimenting me, and focused on what he had to say next. "About what?"

"You know.."