Chapter 15 - Hear me out

V i o l e t t a

That awful feeling was still there. The following day had come and I was tucked under my covers, crying my eyes out, because, let's face it, I stupidly trusted a guy I had just met.

We were together for almost a month, and I did believe that he had changed. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, and now I was facing the consequences of my rushed actions, that involved crying and a lot of swearing.

All I wanted was a new beginning and that chance is now gone. Emotional, romantic pain is a very difficult kind of pain and takes a lot of time to get over it. I just hope that it's soon enough.

Reluctantly, I got up from bed when my alarm went off, and put on whatever I found in my closet. It was not a day I cared about my appearance much.

I went downstairs and sat on the table without a single word, my eyes never leaving my plate. I poured a glass of fresh orange juice and picked up a toast of bread with butter to eat.

"Vilu?" My dad tried to make conversation, "Good morning."

"Where is it good, dad?" I answered sternly and he gulped.

He knew something was wrong, but I couldn't tell him what it was. "Um, sorry then. Go back to your food."

I chose not to answer and just continued with my food. After a few minutes, I opened my phone. I had turned it off last night because I somehow knew Leon would call and text.

And indeed, he had called and texted.

23 missed calls and 16 messages from Leon♡.

I stared at the contact name. I had put a heart next to 'Leon' last week because I had thought it fit him. Now, I wanted to take it off. My curiousity about what he had sent me got the best of me and I opened the messages, not bothering to remove the '♡'.

"I miss you."
"I didn't want to do that."
"Forgive me, princess."
"It was a misunderstanding."
"I would never, ever cheat on you."
"I know I'm a jerk but not that much, please believe me."
"I'm honestly so sorry Violetta, you are one of the best things that happened to me, please listen to me."

As I read some of the messages, I felt myself tear up but controlled myself because dad was next to me. Last thing I wanted was him to find out.

I can't. I can't forgive him. Even if he regrets what he did, I can't. I did it once, not again. I'm not making the same mistake twice.

I am afraid that I might get hurt once again.

I finished my breakfast quickly and without another word, I left for the Studio alone.

- - -

As I was walking and was lost in my thoughts, a voice I didn't want to hear again snapped me out of them. No, not now..

"Violetta. We need to talk." He said sternly and I raised an eyebrow to myself. Is that a.. demand?

I mentally laughed ironically about his stupidity. He makes the idiotic moves and now he is the one demanding? As if.

I kept on walking.

"Violetta! Come over here, we need to talk about what happened." I heard him trying to catch up to me and I walked faster.

It was now or never. I had to ignore him.

"Violetta, stop." He grabbed my arm and annoyed, I let out a huff.