Ch.2 Two Sisters (D)

UNEDITED!

_________________

"Please come to the Halloween party this weekend." Victoria, Daisy's best friend begged.

"We never go. Why can't we keep up the tradition?" Daisy asked, while typing away on her essay.

Victoria groaned from her spot on Daisy's twin sized bed. "Just this once Daisy, please."

"Why is it so important to you?" Daisy saved the document, closed her laptop and turned to her best friend.

"Ethan and Ella are hosting the party." Victoria placed her hands on Daisy's slender shoulders, a puppy dog look on her face. "Please with skittles on top."

Daisy looked away, but nodded her head slowly. Victoria always managed to get her way, almost like Lillian, ... but the difference was that Daisy genuinely liked Victoria.   "Fine, but you better stay by my side."

Victoria kissed Daisy's forehead, hugging the petite girl to her chest. "This weekend will be great. Do you want to stay at my place after the party?"

"I can't. I have to work Saturday morning."

"You know you work every weekend, right?" Victoria watched Daisy pull on a cardigan over her summer dress. "I don't understand why Lillian can't help out."

Daisy pulled a face, sighing softly. "It's easier this way."

"On who, Lillian?" Victoria hated the fact that Daisy had to work twice as hard and twice as much compared to her bitch of a sister Lillian.

"Victoria, please. Don't do this."  Daisy had long come to the understanding that Victoria didn't like her family. But Family couldn't be chosen, so what was she to do?

"I won't, but just because I have to go." Victoria said, while slipping on her gladiator sandals.

"Can you drop me off down town, please?"  Daisy didn't have a car, not with the low income she got from working downstairs at the restaurant.

"Of course."

Daisy turned off everything in her room, before grabbing the expensive dress shirt in the black garment bag out of her small closet. The two girls were on their way out of the restaurant when Jeffrey called Daisy. Motioning for Victoria to go ahead, Daisy met Jeffrey's pale green eyes.

"Where do you think you are going?" Jeffrey pulled Daisy aside, his meaty fingers bruising the pale skin on Daisy's upper arm.

Daisy refrained from wincing out in pain. "I ... I have t-to go in to the city."

"Take your sister with you." Jeffrey pulled out his wallet. "She mentioned something about buying a new wardrobe."

Daisy had the urge to roll her eyes, but she knew better. "O-of course."

Jeffrey squeezed Daisy's upper arm once more, before calling Lillian. Said daughter came walking down the stairs in her skin revealing outfit and her high heels, blonde hair flowing down her back. The girl looked like a supermodel.

Jeffrey handed Lillian a wad of cash, before planting a chaste kiss on her cheek. "Go buy something you like, sweetie."

Lillian tucked the wad of cash into her bra, grinning at her father like the Cheshire cat. "Thank you, daddy!"

Once upon of time, Daisy would have stormed off with tears in her eyes at the lack of love she received from Jeffrey compared to her sister. Yet now she was used to it, and only felt a tiny pinch in her stomach.