Ch.15 A New Reality (UNEDITED)

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT & VOTE <3
Warning: the chapter is rushed :/

"Can you zip me up?" Lillian asked, walking into Daisy's bedroom, a tight fitted dressed painted onto her body. "I'm going to this party in an hour. It's going to be so amazing -"

Lillian stopped midway in Daisy's room, her sapphire eyes landing on Daisy's curled up form. Rolling her eyes, Lillian sat down on the edge of the twin sized bed, making it squeak under their weight. "You had your fun, Daisy. It turns out he was using you. Just get over it already."

Daisy had her head buried under her blankets, and even with them she couldn't block out Lillian's voice. Maybe if she ignored her, the older sister would leave. Yet, that didn't seem to work, as Lillian curled up on the bed behind Daisy, hesitantly putting her arm around Daisy.

"I seen the articles Daisy and he's not worth it." Lillian pulled down the blankets so she could slip under them, before resuming their spoon-position. "He's an asshole and clearly he's still in love with that dead girl. I can't see you in your bed anymore. Take a shower, get dressed, go somewhere. Yeah, everyone knows he played you, but you can't hide forever."

Daisy had thought she was out of tears, but she was proved wrong. The warm tears trailed across the bridge of her nose, down her flushed cheek and onto her pillow. This is what her week had consisted of. Waking up with dry tear marks on her cheeks, sluggishly making her way through her work shifts, before staring at her phone waiting for Jericho to call, just to be disappointed night after night.

Everyone knew about the look-alike situation. Magazine articles, talk shows, newspapers, and even the guest that came to eat at the restaurant. Daisy felt foolish for ever considering something with Jericho. Clearly he had played with her feelings, whether it was intentional or not, he had successfully broke her down.

Maybe things would have been different, if Jericho would have called her, just to see how she was holding up with the whole press blow up, but no, not one single phone call was made. Daisy had tried calling him the first few days, but he hadn't picked up the phone. Each call went directly to voice mail.

"Maybe you should get a makeover, gain some confidence." Lillian muttered, squeezing Daisy in comfort.

:::::

"I didn't think she really looked like the famous gal, but now that I see her in person ...."

"Maybe they're twins who were split at birth or something..."

"The billionaire is a real abuser for doing this to the poor girl..."

Daisy couldn't stand the hushed whispers and the prying glances. Everywhere she went there were paparazzi taking pictures, diners whispering behind her back, people secretly staring, although unsuccessful because Daisy could feel their gazes burning her like witches at the stake.

"I'm taking my lunch break." Daisy said quietly, as she stood in the doorway of Jeffrey's office.

"It's Monday afternoon, you know how busy we get in the late afternoon so hurry the hell up." Jeffrey grunted out, calculating the bills from the restaurant.

Daisy closed the door behind her, before she pulled off her waist apron, hanging the piece on one of the many hooks, afterwards leaving the restaurant.

Daisy grinned as she walked across the prison parking lot. The clouds were grey and ready to burst with a rainstorm, similar to how Daisy was feeling. She only hoped it wouldn't rain until she was back at the restaurant.

After signing in and passing the guards, Daisy was escorted to the hospital ward and led to her mother's tiny room.

Daisy stepped into the grey room that was more than depressing, bars on the small window and the light above them flickering every few minutes. Ignoring her surrounding's Daisy walked up to her mother's sleeping form.

Susan Morris was in her late forties, dark hair, big blue eyes and heart-shaped lips. Her skin was pale and she looked skinnier than when Daisy had previously visited her. Time was ticking and both women knew it wouldn't be much longer until Susan passed.

Daisy took her cold hand in hers, kissing the top of it. Her mother's body rose with very small breath puffed out from her dried lips.

A quiet sob escaped Daisy, as she held on tightly to her mothers hand, the sound of her muffled sobs waking up her mother.

"Daisy, ... sweetie why are you crying?" Susan breathed out quietly, her face laced with worry, although she had her eyes closed.

Daisy hadn't meant to wake her up, but now that she was up Daisy couldn't help but hug her mother tightly. "I just miss you."

"Don't be sad." Susan coughed, thin fingers squeezing Daisy's. "I know I'm awesome, but you don't have to cry over me."

Daisy laughed quietly, a comfortable silence between them.

"How have you been? Did anything ever happen with Jerry?" Susan asked, wincing as she brushed back her dark hair.

"Jericho." Daisy corrected, eyes darting to the white sheet as she began to unconsciously pull at the thread. "It's complicated, but I think I'm going to end things."

Susan smiled at her daughter. "Well, whatever you do, you'll do the right thing."

Daisy nodded her head softly, hoping her mother was right.

:::::

Daisy stood in the bathroom, scissors in her right hand, as she glanced at her reflection. It was now or never.

With quick motions, Daisy began to cut her hair just above her shoulders. Her dark hair fell to the tiled ground, the snipping of the scissors filling the silence. Maybe Lillian was right. Maybe Daisy needed a makeover to gain some confidence.

A wavy bob was also something she hadn't seen Tori with in all the pictures she looked at. Seemingly Tori had always kept her hair long and straight, just as Daisy had had hers.

Daisy felt almost crazy for looking Tori up. She just wanted to put some difference between her and the deceased actress.

Setting the scissors down, Daisy admired her new look. She looked older, more mature and sophisticated. Daisy felt good about herself. She didn't feel like the worthless girl she had once been. And with her last ounce of confidence, she texted Jericho. It was time to confront him.

We need to talk asap. -Daisy

_______

Let me know what you think?

How will Jericho react to her new look, if he reacts?

Will Jericho be able to glue back what the interview has broken?

Do you think Jericho will want to repair things?

A different side of Lillian.

Is Daisy right with her decision -wanting to end things with Jericho?

GO READ MY NEW STORY BLOOD BOUND!!! AND READ THE SNEAK PEEKS AND LET ME KNOW WHICH IS BETTER PLEASE :D