Ch.26 Forgiving If Not Forgetting (UNEDITED)

It's like I'm always causing problems, causing hell
I didn't mean to put you through this, I can tell
We're gonna sweep this under the carpet

I did not read this at all so there will be typos!!

The tension bubbled between them, their breaths mingling together. Daisy could feel the heat of Jericho's body against her own, yearning to be in his arms once more. The small graze of Jericho's lips against Daisy's was enough for her to pull him closer, their lips slanting against each other in a meaningful kiss.

Daisy's thoughts all together were pushed to the back of her mind, as she let Jericho's promise of something more, something deeper wash over her. He was willing to giver her his all and Daisy selfishly took it. Her hands shaking as she pulled Jericho even closer, gently tugging on his dark hair, as she let a soft moan slip from her lips.

Jericho took that as a invitation, sliding his thumb against her lower lip, before pressing down, allowing him to deepen the kiss, claiming her body in a heated way. "Daisy."

Daisy's heart nearly jumped out of her chest as she repeatedly blinked, her eyes falling on Jericho's face as he watched her with worry. She had been dreaming, they hadn't kissed, but somehow it had felt so real.

"Daisy, Lillian is here to see you."

Daisy moved her eyes from Jericho to look over to the door where Lillian stood, a forced smile on her perfectly shaped face. Their was a silence between the sisters as they gazed at each other, the reality of their situation hitting both sisters hard. Suddenly Lillian bursts into tears, her body trembling as she ran into Daisy's arms, the younger sister embracing her despite her injuries.

Somewhere in the middle of their embrace had Jericho slipped out of the room. The sisters need time to themselves, especially Daisy who had the world on her shoulders. Jericho wasn't going to pressure her into anything. If Daisy was willing to give him another chance, she could tell him later that night when he came to visit.

A few minutes had passed, before Lillian finally let up, her hair tangled and blue eyes puffy. She rubbed her cheeks with one hand, the other restricted in a blue cast. "Daisy, what are we going to do? I ..."

Daisy wiped her own tears away, as she tried pulling it together for the sake of herself and her sister. "I ... I'll see if we can maybe stay with Phaison for a while. We'll need to both get jobs, at least until we can afford our own place. I'm not really sure ..."

Lillian shook her head, eyes darting to the door before she leaned in closer to Daisy. "I meant what are we going to do about dad?"

With pinched eyebrows and a grimace, Daisy took Lillian's hand into her own, giving it a comforting squeeze. "I'm going to tell the cops and let them handle it from there. Jeffrey tried killing me Lillian, you don't expect me live under a roof with him again."

Lillian was quick to snatch her hand away, as she glared at Daisy. "He's our father. We have no one else. I have no one else."

"It's not up for debate." Daisy replied, the confidence wavering in her as she stared at her angry sister. "H-he ... n-no Lillian. I'm tired of being walked all over. I can't take it anymore- a-and he should pay for what he did to my m-mother. He deserves it."

"Daisy, please." Lillian cried, her arms crossed over her chest. "I don't care what he did. I need him, Daisy. He's my everything."

"My mom was my everything, Lillian!"

Lillian slowly made her way to the hospital door, blue eyes blazing. "If you do this, you'll never see me again."

Daisy watched Lillian leave, the guilt slowly creeping up on her. Her heart and her brain were saying to different things. Either grow a backbone and stand up for yourself or lose your last family member.

One thing she knew for sure; life wasn't fair.

***

Jericho could feel his hands become clammy, sweat dotting his forehead as he glanced at his surroundings, the smell of sweat and oddly enough perfume assaulting his nose. The walls were a off shade of white, the ceiling fan above rattling every few seconds.

Jericho began to tap his fingers against the metal table, the guard standing by the far wall giving Jericho a disproving look. The tapping ceased when Jericho heard the familiar sound of chains being moved. Holding his breath, Jericho waited for the moment he would see his older brother for the first time in years.

Cooper was tall, towering over Jericho's 6'2 at 6'7. His hair was a shade lighter than his brothers, eyes the color of honey. With his chiseled face and olive complexion he could have passed as a Greek model, that was if you overlooked the orange jumper and the metal cuffs around his wrists and ankles.

Cooper took the seat across from Jericho, surprise written on his face. He folded his hands in front of him, tattoos covering his fingers and the backs of his hands. "I can't say I was expecting you to come after half a decade."

His voice was deep, rumbling but somehow smooth like velvet. Jericho flinched at the sound of his brothers voice. "I'm advising you to leave innocent people out of this mess." Jericho said, motioning around him with his hands.

Cooper's face was expressionless. He didn't look like the rich playboy anymore. He looked like a well feared criminal. "Give your advice to someone who cares."

Jericho gritted his teeth, his jaw clenched and his knuckles turning white. Cooper had always manged to get under his skin. "Leave Daisy out of this! And stop making my life miserable, Cooper!"

"The last time I checked, it wasn't your life on the line." Cooper leaned forwards on the table, his dark eyes filled with emotions. "I won't die here for the mistake I made that night. In three weeks I will stand in front of the jury pleading not guilty and I hope they see my innocence ... You probably don't care, but it would mean a lot to me to see you're face in that crowd."

Jericho wanted to strangle Cooper. The uneasiness Cooper caused in Jericho, made the brother furious with himself. "Do the hell you want Cooper, but leave Daisy Zamora out of this! I'm fucking serious!"

Cooper stood up, nodding to the guard that he was ready to go back to his cell. Just as he was about to leave he glanced at Jericho from over his shoulder. "I can't. Daisy Zamora will save my life."

**************

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!!

What do you think about everything?

The second book in the Series will be about Lillian and ******* (You can't turn a hoe into a housewife ... or can you LOL ;))

Cooper and Daisy history O_o ?

VOTE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!!

GOALS: 40 Comments & 140 Votes