Ch.28 Coco In The Morning (UNEDITED)

And you can see my heart, beating

Now you can see it through my chest

Said I'm terrified but I'm not leaving

I know that I must pass this test

So just pull the trigger 

Continuing from the last chapter ...

"I might be out of line here, ... b-but what were you hoping to achieve by flying to Switzerland?" Daisy asked, focusing on Jericho's soothing touch, as he caressed her knuckles with the pad of his thumb.

Jericho nervously licked his lips, unsure whether he should go into detail after just rekindling with Daisy. She was pure and innocent her life shouldn't be tarnished by the demons in Jericho's head. But deciding it was best to tell Daisy the complete truth after telling so many lies, Jericho pecked Daisy on her cheek, before settling back against the armrest of the couch.

"It's a long story. I don't even know where I should start ..."

"At the beginning perhaps." Daisy replied, a cheeky smile on her face, as heat rushed to her bruised cheeks. "

Jericho actually laughed, silver eyes twinkling as he rubbed his beard with thought. He had fallen silent for a few minutes, muscles visibly tense as he flashed Daisy a forced smile. "The depression and PTSD started within weeks after Tori's death, the guilt of it all had reduced my happiness in life. I think it was more the fact that Cooper had done it ... murdered her, my own brother. That's not something you ever expect ..."

Daisy could only nod in understanding, squeezing Jericho's hand in comfort. "Of course not. Losing two people you care for in the same night is horrible. Do you know why he did that? W-were they having an affair or something similar?"

Jericho's lip twitched, anger pulsing through his veins at the mere thought. Cooper was a playboy but he'd never go against the bro code. "No, they were close but it was platonic. Even so, I trust that Cooper would have told me or that Tori would have broken it off with one of us."

Daisy didn't say anything to that, she couldn't. She had never met either one of them, so who was she to judge their character?

"Anyways, I started seeing a therapist shorty after that, who diagnosed me with PTSD and Trauma induced depression. I got a good ounce of my life back, weeks after taking the meds, became the biggest workaholic for  the most part."

Daisy had a surprised look on her face, blue eyes searching Jericho's face as if to see his mental illness printed on his forehead. He looked perfectly healthy, inside- and out. It was hard to believe such a charming, seemingly perfect man on the outside was truly unhappy on the inside.

Jericho smiled, leaning across the space between them to kiss Daisy softly, before settling back against the armrest. "It's not that bad, the depression I mean. I had a quick moment of vulnerability, a relapse, but I'm recovering."

Glancing away, Daisy began to fidget, wringing her hands roughly. "It's not because of this, r-right?" She motioned between them, hands trembling.

Jericho took her hands in his own, long fingers caressing soft knuckles, afterwards kissing her fingertips. "It'd be so easy to lie, to tell you it has nothing to do with you, but it does, just not the way you think."

Daisy bit the inside of her cheek, finally making eye contact with the man she loved. "I don't want to hurt you."

Jericho couldn't resist. He caressed Daisy's neck, thumb brushing over the shell of her ear, before locking his lips with hers. The kiss was soft and sweet, Jericho's breath tickling Daisy's lips. Their eyes locked, and Jericho gave Daisy the most charming smile he could muster. With a soft whisper, Jericho muttered words that had Daisy's stomach churning with butterflies. "Loving each other won't hurt us."