Ch.24 Clowns In Handcuffs (UNEDITED)

I'll try to update again this weekend, but no promises.

And baby

It's amazing I'm in this maze with you

I just can't crack your code.

One day you screaming you love me loud

The next day you're so cold.

Jericho could feel the fast beating of his heart, the organ slamming against his ribcage making his chest ache. His grey eyes darted from one corner to the other as he paced the hospitals waiting room, his leather shoes occasionally squeaking against the laminated floor. He was hoping for the best, because god knew he wasn't ready for the worst.

Jericho stilled, the ticking of the cheap clock filling the silent room. It was a quarter before two, meaning Daisy had been in the care of UCLA Medical Center's finest doctors for over an hour now. Jericho hadn't physically seen Daisy, but he knew it was her on that stretcher. He could feel it in his body, in his heart.

A young female in her mid twenties, large laceration behind the right ear, bruising to the face and limbs, additionally carbon monoxide poisoning. Her sister is with her, unharmed.

That's what Jericho overhead, before the EMT's closed the doors to the ambulance, afterwards driving off to the nearest hospital. Jericho hadn't been much behind, as he yelled for the cab driver to follow the ambulance. It was either Daisy or Lillian on that stretcher, and Jericho could feel it in his gut that it was the younger sister.

Given the fact that he hadn't see either sister since his arrival, he started to worry. What if their condition was worse than initially suspected?

Frustrated and anxious, Jericho gripped his hair, pulling on the dark strands, before taking a deep breath. Someone had to know what was going on by now. Jericho usually tried to remain patient, but this time he couldn't remain quiet. Striding to the receptions desk, Jericho rung the bell three times for good measure.

After two more minutes went by, Jericho slammed his fist on the intercom button. "Can I get a fucking nurse at the front desk?!"

Seconds went by before Jericho could hear footsteps and chattering. It was a shame that you had to use the hospitals intercom to get some damn service.

The nurse Jericho had called for walked around the corner with a scowl on her face, a hospital security guard behind her.

"Listen sir, your not prohibited to use the hospitals systems." She said, pointing a manicured finger at Jericho. "We know your waiting for an update on your friends condition, and she is allowed visitors now, but because of your behavior we will have to ask you to leave the hospital or gladly have Morgan here put you in handcuffs. It's up to you."

Jericho crossed his arms, eyes darkened as he stared at the nurse and then at the security guard behind her. "You can't be fucking serious."

The nurse put her hands on her muffin top, her face tight. "This isn't some circus where you can just waltz in and play the funny clown. We have rules and they need to be followed."

Jericho scoffed, before snatching the handcuffs from the guard, slapping them on his wrists. "Better?"

The nurse smiled, her cheeks puffing out and her lip stick stained teeth gleaming in the light . "Actually yes. Now if you'd like I can take you to your friend?"

Jericho signaled with his hands to move forwards, the metal cuffs clinking with the movement. "Lead the way Jolly Jane."

The short lady began to walk down the hall, Jericho to her left, when suddenly she grinned at Jericho. "I didn't know you knew who Jolly Jane was. You're smarter than you look."

"I wish I could say the same about you." Jericho said calmly, as they rode the elevator up. Beside him the nurse huffed, her lips pulled into a tight smile. The rest of the elevator ride remained silent.

Slowly the anxiety began to rise in Jericho again. He didn't know what he was supposed to say to Daisy, how he was supposed to act. What if it had been Lillian on that stretcher and Daisy was the healthy one? How could one of those sisters have been so careless, endangering their very own lives?

So many thoughts were racing through Jericho's head, but they all stopped when the elevator doors opened and he was greeted with the very sight of his fragile little Daisy sitting in a wheelchair. Racing down to the end of the hall, Jericho's footsteps thundered in the fairly quiet hallway. "Daisy!"

The girl sat in a cheap wheelchair, dark hair buzzed off around her right ear, exposing stitches. A nurse behind her holding some type of oxygen tank, with cords that led into Daisy's nostrils.

The girl turned her head, tired eyes going wide as she watched Jericho fall onto his knees in front of her. Jericho cupped her cheek as best as he could with the handcuffs, his slender fingers brushing gently over the bruise on her face, their eyes meeting in an explosion of unsaid words. Jericho couldn't form any words as he gazed at Daisy, his heart pounding in his chest and not from the short run.

Despite the condition Daisy was in, she mustered up a small smile, fingers grasping on to Jericho's very own that lay in her lap. "You're back."

Jericho nodded his head, a wave of emotions hitting him hard. She was hurt, but she was safe. Jericho's eyes became glossy, as he smiled back at Daisy. Clearing his throat, he pressed the heels of his palms to his eyes, chuckling softly. "I was so worried."

Daisy chuckled as well. She couldn't contain her happiness, as she hesitantly reached out to wipe a tear off of Jericho's cheek. "When did you get here and why in ... handcuffs? I thought you'd be back in a few weeks ..."

Jericho's mind went blank for a minute. He couldn't reveal his reason for being back so soon, not yet. Not after the horror Daisy went through the last couple of hours. In the back of his mind, Jericho wondered if the fire at the restaurant possibly had something to do with his brothers sudden involvement.

"A few hours ago." Jericho replied, leaning into Daisy's gentle touch, her fingertips brushing across his hair. "I seen the restaurant on my way. I got worried so I followed the ambulance."

"Y-you didn't have to come here." Daisy said, afterwards clearing her throat as she pulled her hands back into her own lap, avoiding Jericho's gaze completely.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jericho stood from his kneeling position, tucking his shaky hands into his sweater pockets. "I want to be here for you."

Ignoring Jericho completely, Daisy glanced at the nurse that had been in charge of her care. "Can you bring me to my room, please?"

The older woman raised her eyebrows, glancing between the two. "Is your boyfriend staying the night, because I'll have to set up a visitor bed?"

Daisy was quick to shake her head. Wringing her fingers she made direct eye contact with Jericho. Her blue eyes blazing with emotion, pink lips pulled into a straight line. "We're done here."

.....

What do you think?

Daisy's sudden change in behavior?

Their initial reunion?

Jericho must be cancer cause he sure damn emotional XD

What will happen next?

Do you like the new cover?

Vote, Comment (30) and Share!!!