Ch.12 Ignorance Is Bliss (UNEDITED)

Dedication to NoWifi_NoLIfe your comments are amazing & you are usually one of the first people to comment! Thanks for the support and answering the questions at the end :) AWESOME username btw!

_____Pic of Victoria (right) & Ella (left)

Do you like me because I look like her? 

Those were the words Daisy should have said, but instead she remained silent. She wiped the tears from her cheeks, willing the lump in her throat to go away. She didn't know what to think about the situation and it was just overwhelming.

A gentle hand upon her shoulder and toned arms wrapped around her. Daisy couldn't find the energy to wrap her own arms around him, not that she wanted to. She wanted space, she wanted clarity. She wanted to know if Jericho was using her because she looked like Tori.

"What's wrong?" Jericho asked quietly, using his hands to hold Daisy tightly to his chest.

His warmth embraced Daisy and covered her like a wool blanket, but was his warmth meant for someone else, someone who was no longer with them.

"Daisy..." Jericho lifted her chin, so they were looking at each other. His silver eyes were worried, as  he used his thumbs to wipe her tears away. "Did I do something wrong?"

Daisy couldn't form any words, and every passing second made it harder. Did she really want to know why Jericho liked her? Daisy liked Jericho a lot and what if asking him now, doubting him now, would ruin their relationship they had going. Daisy wanted to enjoy whatever it was that they had, even if it would hurt her in the end.

Ignorance was bliss.

"Talk to me, Daisy." Jericho kissed her forehead, still holding her close. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"N-nothing." Daisy pulled away, using the sleeves of her cardigan to wipe under her eyes. "I, uh ... I just t-thought about my mom."

It was a lie, but one that wouldn't get her in trouble or raise suspicion.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jericho asked,  moving forwards to brush Daisy's  hair behind her ear, his slender fingers brushing across her warm cheeks.

Daisy nibbled on the corner of her lower lip, unconsciously wringing her hands. It was a habit she had adapted as a child. "Not really. I just w-want to lay down."

Jericho kissed her forehead and hugged her once more. "Do you want to lay down upstairs?"

It wasn't that she didn't want to lay with Jericho, it was just the mere thought of laying in a bed Tori might have laid in. It didn't matter how much Daisy tried blocking it from her mind, the thought was constantly there. She didn't want to play second fiddle.

Was Jericho even aware that Daisy was investing feelings in him and that she wanted his whole heart. She didn't want to split it with Tori, especially if Jericho was only offering his heart because she looked like Tori.

"I-is it okay if I go home?" Daisy asked, this time hugging him back. Her voice was muffled by Jericho's shirt, but he had heard her.

"Of course. Let me grab my keys and I'll drive you." Jericho replied, grabbing the keys from the hook near the door.

He slipped on his shoes, and Daisy slipped on her own, before the stepped into the elevator. Jericho reached for Daisy's hand and she let him. He gave her small squeeze, offering her comfort.

Daisy avoided his gaze, her eyes casted down, as he led her to his red mustang. He opened the door for her and Daisy responded with a quiet thank you.