Ch.25 Those Type Of Feelings (UNEDITED)

You're the only one I wish I could forget
The only one I love to not forgive
And though you break my heart,
You're the only one  

Ignoring Jericho completely, Daisy glanced at the nurse that had been in charge of her care. "Can you bring me to my room, please?"

The older woman raised her eyebrows, glancing between the two. "Is your boyfriend staying the night, because I'll have to set up a visitor bed?"

Daisy was quick to shake her head. Wringing her fingers she made direct eye contact with Jericho. Her blue eyes blazing with emotion, pink lips pulled into a straight line. "We're done here."

"Daisy, did I say something wrong?" Jericho's voice cracked, his silver eyes trained on Daisy's angered face. "Please, talk to me."

"Sir, I think she needs to get some sleep. You are welcome to come back tomorrow." The nurse behind Daisy said, her expression sympathetic as she gazed at Jericho. 

"Uh, y-yeah ... I'll come back tomorrow." Jericho trailed off, looking away as he dragged a hand through his hair. "Get some rest and feel better Daisy." 

Daisy watched Jericho leave for the elevator, his steps slow as if he were waiting for her to call him back. She let out a small sigh of relief after the elevator doors closed and Jericho was no longer visible, the tears finally rolling down her flushed cheeks.  

"You having relationship troubles?" The nurse questioned, while pushing Daisy into her hospital room. 

Daisy watched the nurse, wiping her tears as she lowered her head in shame. "W-we're not in a relationship anymore ..."

"Bad breakup? Don't tell me he cheated .... What a bastard!" The nurse began to ramble, as she helped Daisy into the bed, before attaching the necessary equipment for Daisy's health. "He looks like the type with his chiseled face and the expensive tailored suit he was wearing. In fact he looks really familiar ..." 

"There's a lot of h-handsome men in California, t-the odds that you ... uh,  actually know h-him are probably slim." Daisy said softly, sinking into the uncomfortable mattress. The last thing she needed was the press on her case. 

"You are probably right." The nurse said, her red hair swinging in her loose ponytail. "If you need anything, just push the red button for a nurse and the yellow button is for the lights." 

Daisy nodded her head, sighing softly, before she jumped up in the bed, a worrisome look on her bruised face. "My sister Lillian, is she okay? W-where is she?"

"She was getting a x-ray done, but she should be in her own room now. I'll see if we can move the both of you into the same room tomorrow. Dr. Bernard wants to keep the both of you for at least 24 hours."

"Could you go check on her a-and let her know that I love her and we'll talk tomorrow?" Daisy asked, noticing the nurse's name tag for the first time. "Please, Nurse Bianca."

"Sure sweetie, I'll see you in the morning." The red head left, turning off the lights on her way out. 

Daisy was left in the dark, the beeping of the heart monitor the only thing that could be heard. Daisy was tired, exhausted even but she couldn't sleep. Jericho's saddened face kept on replaying in her head. 

I was so worried...

I want to be here for you...

Daisy, did I say something wrong... 

Please, talk to me ... I can't because I love you and I know you don't feel the same way.

A sob shook Daisy's body, her fingers gripping the cotton gown above her heart, her chest aching with the realization. Jericho was everything she could want in a man and more, but he wasn't her man and he never would be. That made it hard for Daisy to talk to him, to pretend that everything was okay.