Ch.8 Toxic

*UNEDITED*

"I'm Jericho Maverick, young billionaire and well known lawyer. People looking and taking pictures is a normal part of my life. And if we continue this, us, you'll be a part of my life and occasionally in the press. What we do behind doors will always stay between us, but outdoors it's different. People will stare and jump to conclusions that aren't always true. I just want you to understand why there are people looking and sneaking pictures of us."

Her stomach was doing summersaults and her poor heart was throwing itself against her ribcage. Daisy couldn't focus on Jericho's intense silver eyes, and instead she focused on the beautiful ink that peaked from beneath the collar of his shirt and traveled up higher on his neck.

Daisy knew this was the moment that came down to it; would she step into Jericho's world and say yes to what he was offering, or would she take a step back and revert back to the life she'd previously been living.

Gaining a huge amount of courage, Daisy nodded her head, quickly leaned up and pressed her lips against Jericho's before he could say anything. With her hands pressed against his chest and, Jericho's arms around her waist, Daisy let herself step into a world that could either go bad or really well and they both were hoping for the latter.

Jericho groaned against her lips, before pulling away and kissing her forehead. "I know I'm asking a lot of you and I-"

Daisy's cheeks were hot and her thoughts were jumbled, but one thought was clear. "I ... I'm ready. I w-want this."

Jericho chuckled softly and nodded his head, clear relief shown on his face. "Then let's continue this date.

With that they resumed their way to the food booth and were shortly seated at a empty table, a slice of pizza in front of both of them. As they ate their slices, conversation was held to a minimum, but grins were shared between them.

For once Daisy was really happy. She was nervous, but at the same time excited for what lay ahead. Jericho was nice, a gentleman and so far he was doing everything to show Daisy that he wasn't the ignorant billionaire the press portrayed.

..

It was close to midnight, the wind was blowing and Jericho was sure it was bound to rain. He and Daisy were strolling down the streets, their destination Daisy's apartment. They had left the carnival just a few minutes ago and both were beaming with smiles.

"You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but why were you crying out side the prison? I know you said your mom is in jail, but-"

Daisy glanced up at Jericho as they continued to walk, her smile dropping just slightly. "S-she has a serious ... heart disease and t-they don't know if she'll m-make it."

"I'm sorry." Jericho gave her hand a comforting squeeze and his silver eyes held understanding. "Is the heart disease genetic?"

"N-no." Daisy lied, a sickening feeling pooling in her stomach.

It was genetic and the chances that Daisy had the heart disease were high, but Daisy didn't want to know if her life was destined to be shorter than average. She didn't want to be on meds or undergo treatment, if she did in fact have the rare heart condition.

Jericho nodded his head in understanding, and Daisy could see the clear relief on his face.

A poster for a upcoming fashion show caught Daisy's eye, and it was that something she needed to change the topic. "I've a-always wanted to go t-to one of her shows."

"Really? I never thought you were into fashion like that." Jericho replied, a smile on his face.

"T-the dresses are beautiful." They were, while also costing a fortune.

"Maybe we could go to one of her shows together." Jericho suggested, the promise of a second date hidden behind his words.

Daisy just beamed up at him and the smile he gave her was heartwarming.

His dark hair was neatly parted and gelled back, his silver eyes were intense and his nose slightly crooked. His nose was the only thing that seemed imperfect, with his overall perfect features. Jericho's cheekbones were prominent, but not to the point were he looked feminine. His Jawline was defined and Daisy found that small detail very attractive.

Lost in her moment of ogling, Daisy gasped when Jericho pulled her under the small roof of the café. Her back was pressed against the brick wall and Jericho flush against her, his large size covering her from the cold wind. Daisy looked up at Jericho, when the sound of a strong rain storm hit them.

The rain was pouring and it blocked out any other sound, other than the ragged breaths coming from Daisy and Jericho. Heat was inflaming Daisy's body as she continued to stare at Jericho, unconsciously leaning into his touch.

With the taste of his lips, Daisy felt her self losing her sense for reality. Their lips were moving and although Daisy wasn't an expert in physical intimacy, she enjoyed the discovery of it all, especially with Jericho.

So far their kisses had been held innocent, sweet and slow and Daisy admired Jericho's choice to take things slower. Clearly he was working to make their new "relationship" work and Daisy wanted to bring something to the table too. What could she offer Jericho that would make him go crazy, that would show him that she really wanted this as well?

"Kissing in the rain is hot, but kissing you makes it so much better." Jericho whispered against her lips, his hands on her waist.

Daisy blushed, and a small laugh bubbled out of her mouth. "H-how ... how are you g-going to get home? You live on t-the other side of town."

Jericho raised his eyebrows at her reply, but smiled nonetheless. "If we run, we can make it to the restaurant."

Daisy skeptically looked out towards the street and the rain was pouring even harder. Was it smart to be out in the cold rain, almost fifteen minutes from home?

"Come on, Cinderella has to be home before midnight." Jericho chuckled, holding out his hand towards Daisy as he stepped out into the rain.

Daisy laughed, before taking his hand, her Prince Charming, and letting him lead her home.

_______

Short but sweet ending.

Daisy isn't always a pessimist. Lol

Daisy's mothers heart disease is genetic :/

Best comment gets a dedication ;)