Ch.27 Taking The First Step For The Second Time (UNEDITED)

DEDICATED TO GabitaSant!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY STORIES AND COMMENTING ON MOST CHAPTERS!! THE COMMENTS REALLY MEAN A LOT TO ME!

Out of the seven billion people in this world, there's only you.

Almost a million words that I could say, but none of them will do.

So many years that I have lived, but it feels like I've just begun.

Out of the seven billion people, baby, you're the only one

I'll be staying with Carol for the next few weeks. -Lillian

Daisy read the text, a sigh of relief puffing from her lips. She hadn't seen her sister since the early morning and it was now late in the evening. The whole day Daisy had hoped to see Lillian again after their argument but both sisters were stubborn and apparently neither had changed their mind about the situation with Jeffrey. It was too late anyways.

Two detectives had stopped by the hospital that afternoon, to question Daisy about the fire at the restaurant. The timid girl had recalled Jeffrey's confession and the events that followed after. Lillian could love Jeffrey all she wanted, but what he did could never be corrected in Daisy's eyes. The brunette wasn't a spiteful person, yet she did wish for Jeffrey to rot in prison.

The detectives had assured Daisy that they'd be looking for Jeffrey and they'd contact her as soon as something new came up in the case. Not to mention the insurance company would also contact her due to the immense damage of the restaurant. The detectives had also mentioned that unfortunately not one single item had been able to be recovered. The damage was that severe.

"Do you need us to call you a cab?" The male nurse asked, as he watched Daisy sign the release form.

"Uh, n-no thank you." Daisy replied, her eyes locked onto the paper in front of her. Signing the last paragraph, Daisy handed the clipboard back to the guy.

"Are you sure, it looks like it's going to rain?"

Daisy shook her head, before pulling the hood of her black sweater over her head, fingers tucking in her black hair so that only her face was visible. "I'm fine."

With a frown on his face the male nurse hugged the clipboard to his chest, taking a few steps backward. "Alright, safe trip home."

Home. If only she could go home.

Daisy left the hospital, a slight limp in her walk due to her sprained ankle that was currently wrapped in an ace bandage. Her injuries were minor and the doctors had seen no further reason to keep her there another night.

Daisy began to aimlessly walk down the streets of Santa Monica, her foot aching step after step. Pulling out her phone, the only item she owned at this point, she dialed Phaison's number. Two rings later she heard the sound of his voice, heavy moaning coming from his end of the line.

"Fuck, don't stop .... uhhh Lincoln baby! Daisy, bad time right now, c-call me ... fuck, harder baby! Call me back later..."

Daisy's face heated up, before she stuffed her phone back in her pocket. Clearly the slender boy was busy, his moans replaying in Daisy's head. Even though the sounds that came from the phone were slightly disturbing, it still warmed Daisy's heart to know that Phaison and Lincoln were in a healthy relationship. The men had been dating for nearly two years now. Lincoln a club owner with tattoos and bulging arms, and Phaison the flamboyant twink.