Ch.4 Crushed (D)

A/N: Do you like the new cover?

-UNEDITED+Picture of Jeffrey-

Daisy woke up with soft smile on her face, rather than her usual emotionless face. She was grateful that Victoria had insisted she go to the Ethan and Ella's party. At first she had been really reluctant to go, added she had no money for a costume and Lillian was unwilling to lend her one of her many costumes. Daisy had the only option of making a costume herself, and in the end Jericho had even complimented her.

Jericho, just his name made Daisy smile with an unusual happiness. He had been at the party and they had danced, almost kissed even, but Daisy didn't want him to kiss her drunk or even slightly intoxicated. Drunk people made bad decisions that they came to regret when sober. Daisy didn't want to be that mistake for Jericho.

And after the party she had herself questioning Jericho's feeling towards her. She'd never vocally admit that they were attracted to each other, but was it just attraction that Jericho felt? If Jericho's whole intention was just to get a quick lay out of Daisy, then he was giving his attention to the wrong sister.

Daisy herself wasn't sure about her feelings towards the billionaire. As of that morning it was nothing more than sweet attraction. How could it be more when they'd barely had a real conversation?

Daisy was tempted to google information about him, but both Victoria and Ella had told her it'd be a bad idea. Tabloids and the internet rarely had honest statements when concerning famous people. The last thing Daisy wanted to do was to pump her brain with rumors about Jericho, so she had been deliberately avoiding any newspapers, magazines, basically anything the press was releasing about Jericho.

Jericho Maverick had always been just another snobby lawyer to Daisy. His name had been in the press ever since he joined the business world, even more so as he had had multiple relationships with celebrities or models. Daisy wasn't attracted to playboys, but as far as she knew Jericho hadn't been seen with any woman the past year and that was a good gap if he wanted to pursue something with Daisy.

With Jericho on her mind, Daisy searched through her old closet for something more cute to wear. Normally she would just throw on an oversized sweatshirt and baggy jeans. It wasn't like she had to impress anyone, especially when Jeffrey had her working almost every day. Even then, who would be impressed with the cleaning lady?

Jeffrey not only made her work more than she should, he also assigned her with the job of cleaning the restaurant day and night. Even yesterday after the party she had to go downstairs and clean up for almost two hours straight. Victoria referred to her as the modern day Cinderella.

Daisy groaned when she realized she had nothing, but her usual baggy clothes. Ignoring the choice to wear something remotely cute, she moved over to her small mirror and started on her hair. She pulled it up into her usual messy bun, because Jeffrey had drilled into her head that none of their guest wanted to see her unhealthy thin hair.

Ever since Daisy's mother was gone, Jeffrey made it his job to crush Daisy's confidence any way he could.

After finishing her morning routine, Daisy moved in front of her mirror again and applied just a little nude lipstick. Satisfied with her hair and lipstick, Daisy slipped on her baggy clothes, a nervous smile on her face. She knew Jericho was a busy man, but she hoped he'd be able to stop by. Maybe he would ask her out again and this time she was ready to say yes. There was no reason for her not to, besides her own fear of putting a little trust in Jericho.

Daisy stepped out of her room, her heart dropping to her stomach when she seen Jericho about to walk into Lillian's bedroom, a navy blue towel wrapped around his hips.

"Jericho..." His name left her lips in just barely a whisper.

Jericho turned around, while holding the towel tight, his face expression guilty. "Daisy, it's not wha-"

"Did you sleep with her?" Daisy asked, her stutter gone, but a fearful tone replacing it.

Jericho stepped forward, fingers wrapping around Daisy's thin wrist. "Daisy please don-"

"Jericho baby, it's great that you're up. I made us breakfast." Lillian said casually, entering the hallway with a breakfast tray balanced on her hands.

That was all Daisy needed to hear, before she pulled her wrist from Jericho's grasp, dashing down the stairs her sister had just come from.

Just as she reached the bottom of the stairs, she bumped into the devil himself.

"Daisy, why aren't you in the back cleaning?"

Daisy looked at her stepfather, tears pooling in her blue eyes, and her cheeks were flushed. "S-sorry, I-"

Jeffrey pulled Daisy by the upper arm and led her towards the small room in front of the bathrooms. From there no one would be able to overhear their conversation.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, his tone much softer than what Daisy was accustomed to.

"It's n-nothing." Daisy replied, stuffing her trembling fingers into the pockets of her oversized hoodie.

"Daisy, you better tell me know I don't have all time to guess what your problem is. Mr. Maverick-"

Jeffrey noticed the slight behavior change when he mentioned the billionaire. "Let me guess, you like him, but you just witnessed him together with your sister?"

Daisy nodded softly. He was more or less right and it was weird that he even cared that Daisy was crying.

Jeffrey surprisingly pulled Daisy into an awkward hug, his grip tight on her arms as always.

"I actually feel bad for you. Daisy, by now you should know you have no chance against your sister. Men will always choose her over you. Now be a good girl and get to work." Jeffrey hissed into Daisy's ear, pushing her towards the storage closet where they kept the cleaning supplies.

As if witnessing the whole Jericho and Lillian situation wasn't bad enough, she also had to listen to Jeffrey remind her that she was in other words undesirable as long as Lillian was around.

Daisy watched Jeffrey greet the new diners, before heading inside the tiny storage closet. Tears were running down her rosy cheeks and she wasn't even sure why. Jericho had no reason to be loyal in that sense. He wasn't her boyfriend and they surely weren't dating so why did it hurt so much to see him with Lillian?

Daisy wanted to run back upstairs and lock herself in her bedroom, but doubtlessly Jeffrey would drag her back downstairs and leave further bruises on her arm. Pulling out her Ipod, Daisy put her headphones in and clicked on shuffle. The upbeat music drifted into her ears, loud just like she preferred it. Grabbing the few supplies she needed from the closet, she walked into the ladies restroom first and began cleaning there.

Luck didn't seem to be on her side, as her own thoughts tuned out the music. Had Jericho had sex with Lillian out of spite, because Daisy didn't want to go further at the party? Did the whole situation have nothing to do with Daisy, and she was just painting a picture of Jericho where he was interested in her and not Lillian? Had Daisy been oblivious? Was Jericho in fact more interested in the blonde sister, rather than Daisy?

Why did he sleep with Lillian out of all the women in California? What was so special about Lillian, that she always seemed to capture the attention of every guy?

Feeling the vibration of her ringing phone, Daisy pulled out one earbud and glanced at the small screen of her phone.

-California State Prison CIW-

..

Thank you for reading, commenting and voting!!!

Your thoughts on the Daisy-Jericho-Lillian situation?

Should Jericho feel guilty?

Cliffhanger?

Next chapter is Jericho's chapter.

___65 Votes & 40 Comments__