Ch.18 Cold Showers (UNEDITED)

Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down?

Save me from myself, don't let me drown.

DEDICATION FOR YOU @K2Diva BECAUSE YOU ARE ONE OF MY BEST SUPPORTERS RIGHT NOW AND I AM MORE THAN GRATEFUL!!

TO ALL: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND VOTING: I ESPECIALLY LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!

**TRIGGER WARNING**

Jericho groaned, his dark hair messy and his body reaking of the alcohol from the night before. The sunlight shining through his living room windows made him groan even louder, as his face scrunched up in annoyance. Throwing an arm over his face, Jericho took a deep breath, his head pounding with the biggest hangover he'd ever had.

"I called Ethan for you." Alyssa's voice was loud, as she glanced at her brother from her spot on the other couch. "You can't go to work like that."

Jericho rubbed a hand over his face, becoming aware of his surroundings, he threw a glance at Alyssa. "What are you doing here?"

Alyssa began to pace around Jericho's living room, her face paled with worry. "Daisy told Tony to call me."

Hearing Daisy's name, Jericho jumped off the couch, his head pounding ten times worse, as he stared at his sister. "She was here? What did she say?"

Alyssa turned to Jericho, a glare on her face despite the tears that were pooling in her hazel eyes. "I didn't talk to her. She was already gone when I arrived. Jericho what did you do last night? There are pictures of the girl leaving your apartment last night with blood on her face. Tell me you didn't hurt her."

Jericho's heart dropped to his stomach, pulling his hair in frustration he began to pace as well. "I-I didn't ... I know I didn't."

"You don't sound positive." Alyssa pointed out, as she sat down where Jericho had previously been sleeping.

"Shut up!" Jericho snarled, as he leaned over his dining table, hands planted onto the glass. "I can't think and you're not helping."

"I need to talk to Daisy." Jericho acknowledged, after catching sight of the boxes stacked in the corner of the room. He knew what the boxes contained and just seeing them and knowing that Daisy had been there, made Jericho really uneasy. What had she seen? Why had she been there? What had he done?

Alyssa remained quiet for a few minutes, watching her brother as he slowly calmed down. His shoulders relaxing, as he settled down next to her on the couch. Jericho picked at the bandage on his right hand, eyebrows furrowing with confusion. Yet, slowly the memories from the night before began to become clearer.

Daisy had showed up at his place ... he had yelled at her, thinking she was Tori ... she had seen the medication ... he had forced himself on the unresponsive girl ... he had let her witness the darkness that wrapped around his heart ...

Alyssa sighed under her breath, before swatting Jericho's hand away to stop him from picking at the bandage. "We should go to the hospital. The cut on your hand is pretty deep, you'll need stitches. She should have taken you to the hospital or called an ambulance. "

Jericho gave his sister a look, before standing to his feet as he made his way into his kitchen, Alyssa close behind. "Don't you have a job you need to be at? I don't need a fucking babysitter."

"You were in need of one last night." Alyssa argued back, her worry showing through her anger. "Please just go get your hand checked."

Jericho gulped down a glass of water, before turning to the former model. "I'll go see a damned doctor if you get off my back. You didn't care how I was doing when the rumors started, so you shouldn't care now. "

Alyssa put her hands on her hips, eyes blazing with furry. "What are you even on about?!"

"Alyssa, so help me god, get out of my apartment before I call security." Jericho pushed past her, as he walked into his bathroom, slamming the door behind him and locking the door for extra measure. He leaned over the sink, knuckles turning white as he began to breath heavier. His heart was racing, and his eyes began to burn, a thick lump forming in his throat. He was losing control and he could barely hang onto reality.

With fumbling hands Jericho searched for his pills, just to find the bottle empty. Screaming in frustration, he glanced at himself in the mirror, his chest heaving. He had dark bags under his pale grey eyes, his five a clock shadow was turning into a beard, he looked mentally exhausted and sick.

Peeling of his clothes, Jericho stepped into the large shower, cold water pelting down his body. He shivered before relaxing, eyes downcast when he noticed the faint scars on his thighs. Long horizontal cuts on his inner thighs, some even crossing over each other. Jericho could taste the salt of his tears as he sank to the floor of the shower, fingers pressing into the scars.

Don't do it ...

You know you'll feel better if you do ....

Jericho squeezed his eyes closed, the battle and struggle making his head pound harder, his heart racing to the point where it hurt. Jericho began to claw at his chest, the sudden feeling of doom engulfing him and dragging him under.

The cut on Jericho's hand began to sting as the wound became wet, the bandage peeling off on it's own. The once clear water that flowed towards the drain became a light pink, his palm smeared with blood and the scratches on his chest as well.

Jericho fought to catch his breath, his throat felt tight, his jaw locked and his chest felt as if someone were squeezing it. Jericho's vision started to become blurry, as he reached up to turn off the water. He was sinking into the familiar pit of darkness and once again there was no one to pull him out. Jericho tried to fight against the pull, but he was too weak and subconsciously he welcomed it, the darkness, the emptiness and the loneliness.

_______

Short chapter. I know, but I'm sick -.-

I think most authors have the female lead with the problems and the mental illnesses, portraying the male lead as the stronger character. This is not one of those stories. Males have mental illnesses too, whether it be something more mild or something severe.

What do you think?

Goal: 90 Votes & 30 Comment

Personal Confession: Every MC I create I can relate to in some aspect.