Chapter 14.

© All Rights Reserved. 2013

I stood from his bed, having no intention of putting the T-shirt he was trying to give me on. I let my arms fall to my sides, hanging just at my hips, he held the white tee out in front of me. Instead of taking it I moved my hands to the back of my bra undoing the clasps. His jaw clench.

"June. Stop."

He grabbed my arms roughly trying to stop me from letting my bra fall past my breast. I wanted my Prosector, he made my body rise with stifling heat and he was playing with me, surely.

"If your not scared of you're brother then you'll make love to me right now."

His brow roughened into anger, his hold became tighter.

"Damnit June, it has nothing to do with him and everything to do with you!"

I stopped. What did that mean? Zander Lawson held restraint? I hardly believed it. I knew he was busting at the seams just as I was.

"You don't want me?"

"For christ sakes, you're a virgin, no -god no."

I frowned. I was throwing myself at this man and he wanted nothing of it. Coward.

"Whatever Lawson."

I shook his grip, then snatched the shirt out from his hand, if he didn't want me, that's fine, I'd find someone who would. I pulled the T-shirt on over my head and smoothed it down over my jeans. Zander Lawson was a jerk. I started to make my way from the room and into the living quarters, Lawson was directly on my heels. How dare he pull this kind of shit, did he not know what that kiss did to me? Had he not felt the same? - of course not. Zander Lawson didn't feel. I turned around to face him almost colliding into his large chest, I stopped and looked up at him, I hated how good looking he was.

"Why did you kiss me?"

I was confused but more so angry.

"Out of impulse."

"Impulse?"

I spit the word, what a lair. He felt it, that humming between us, the warm turning of sultry desire just below the hips, if he hadn't he wouldn't have acted upon it.

"You're complete bullshit! You can't man up and just admit it can you?"

He shifted, his feet adjusting the weight from his heavy muscles.

"Admit what June?"

"That you want me!"

He shook his head, his hand rubbing the stubbled part of his beard.

"You are an Assemblage! forbidden by Law. It wouldn't matter; don't you get it?"

"And you don't see the wrong in that? I am a slave! Who am I to mate to then? You should know - you're my Prosector."

He paused monetarily as if he wasn't going to say anything.

- "My brother."

My heart pounded in my chest. I turned and started toward the door.

"June, wait."

I kept walking, he had kept this from me? Not only that he had kept a lot from me, I was in the dark about everything. I was to be mated to his brother? Maddox Lawson -The Commissioner, how do you not tell someone that? I was flaming mad. Zander Lawson was not only a coward he was a lair and manipulator, and I hated him. I hated his brother and I would not stand to carry his child.

When I arrived to my door I had to wait for Lawson to unlock it, he was the only one with the key. His arm brushed past mine as he turned the lock and swung the door open wide, I stomped past him in the doorway avoiding touching him. Simon was already waiting for me to enter, I slightly bent down and scratched the top of his head, he followed as I went to the window and pulled the curtains. I looked out into the dark waters, seeing nothing but the occupied color of black, it seemed depressing and hopeless - it reminded me of my life.