Chapter 25.

© All Rights Reserved. 2013

"We need to go back."

He says to me.

"You know that's not fair. You know this is an opportunity, you said you'd help me escape."

He shifted uncomfortably and pulled on his pants while throwing me his wet boxers. I looked down at them on my lap. Oh boy.

"And what do you expect me to do with these?"

I ask.

"Put them on, unless you want to wear your cut up ones."

He flashed me a smile and then threw me his soaked shirt.

"Put that on too."

"And what do you plan on telling your brother? I'm in your wet boxers and shirt? No bra, no panties. God, Lawson, don't you think these things through? - I'm going to be tortured the second I get back!"

He shook his head.

"No you won't, I'll sign the fucking stupid contract - I'll be your Prosecutor again. Then no one can torture you but, me."

I angrily looked at him.

"What stupid contract?"

He shifted putting his knife back in its case on the loop of his belt.

".. I have a contract, I've been waiting to sign it, Maddox made me up another one. He thinks I'm the best fit for you, Prosecution wise - yeah - if I could stop fucking you."

He grimaced.

"You had a contract all this time.. And didn't fucking sign it!"

I exploded.

"Calm the hell down Ms. Brooks."

"Oh don't play that business shit with me - you're not my Prosecutor - not yet."

"I don't have to be, if you don't want me to be."

He says immaturely, It causes my anger to build.

"Why did you let me suffer with him!"

"Suffer?.."

He huffed

".. Oh I highly doubt you suffered. You wanted him so bad when he was whipping you - were practically fucking cross eyed"

"Are you serious? What the hell were you watching? Obviously not me, because I was being brutalized and I didn't enjoy one bit of it!"

"You sure enjoyed it when he touched you though didn't you?"

I paused gritting my teeth.

"You. Know. He has some kind of magic with those hands of his."

"Doesn't fucking matter if its magic, you enjoy it."

"Yeah! How could I not? It feels amazing."

He hauled off and socked the dash board un-expectantly, I jumped.

"This is why I shouldn't be you're Prosecutor - shit like this."

"Cause of jealously?"

I ask quietly.

"Because he just - doesn't deserve you."

We sat for a long moment in the still of the silence. He had said that to me once before, and now I believed him, not because I thought I was better than but because me and Maddox were polar opposites. I was like the warrior of peace and he was like the warrior of destruction. We didn't deserve each other the stars were wrong.