Chapter 19: Nightmares

(WARINING: If you are sensitive to gore or extreme violence, I advise you skip this chapter. Thank you.)

"Rock-a-bye baby, on the treetop, when the wind blows, the cradle will rock..." Mangle sang, rocking the cradle that held the sleepy twins.

It was 1:34 am, and Mangle had made a deal with Foxy tonight. She agreed that if she put the twins to bed, Foxy would go catch the guard instead of her doing it to avoid the "incident" the last time Mangle tried to catch the guard.

Mangle stroked the hair of the girl one last time right before kissing them on the head and whispering one last "goodnight". She stood up and started leaving, gently shutting the curtains to the cove for the night.

I woke up next to her. I was in bed, but in a room that differed from the others I've already did explored. Where was mama? Papa? They're not here, that's for sure. I don't know what I would do without my Mama or my Papa's warmth or care, id be something lost, that's what I'd be.

I looked over to my left. A door! I quickly grabbed my flashlight and ran over to it quietly, making sure not to make any noise to wake up Mama or Papa. I opened the door, but...
There was nothing there.

"Mummy? Duddy? Are you thwere?" I called. It was an empty hall. All do a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something flash by. I got scared and quickly shut the door. I put my ear to it and heard something that made me freeze.

There was scratching and breathing.

My heart raced as I jumped back into the bed, hiding under the covers. I reached out for my sister, but all I could feel were bed sheets. She was gone.

My heart sank as I thought of all the terrible things that monster outside could've done to her.

I looked in front of me. There was a closet that looked very old and grotesque, to say the most. I slowly crawled to the white hell hole, and stopped right in front of it.

I stared at it for some seconds, then did the worst mistake of my entire natural-born life.

I opened the gateway to my fears.

Inside of the closet was Papa, tearing Mama in a bloody mess of gore. He was crouched down with sharp teeth, a long tongue and claws for days. He had ripped her clean apart, playing with her insides as if they were linen strings. He was clenching her heart while he had her stomach stuffed in her mouth to keep the blood from coming out. He eyeballs were gouged and sliced, parts and pieces sprawled all over he floor.

He was...

Eating her...

He looked directly at me for a split second, then jumped out-

The boy child cried as Mangle came rushing in to comfort him, taking him up in her arms and "ssshh-ing" him. He cried and cried until there were no tears left.
"Shhh... don't worry... Mama Mangle's here..." Dexter stopped crying a bit and looked at Mangle in the eyes, his all watery and red from crying and sobbing.
"I has a bud dweem..." He mumbled, clutching to Mangle's shirt. Mangle stroked his hair and kissed him on the forehead.
"It's okay... everyone has nightmares, even me, even you. But all good things must come before dangers."