Chapter Five

Alex's hand dropped mine instantly, my hand suddenly felt colder than it was five seconds ago, I didn't even realise how comfortable my hand felt in his, I felt like the missing piece of my life was somehow finally found.

For some weird reason the warmth of his touch reminded me of something that was still incomplete to me, a time in my life where a gap was missing, I literally couldn't remember a part of my life, and no one had ever explained it to me, I can’t even explain the feeling I felt but his touch made me feel at home, it made me feel safe and surprisingly loved.

I looked up at Alex and his expression was what shocked me, it was like he had felt the exact same thing I felt, his eyes never left mine, as his hand reached out and touched mine again, his fingers so softly running through mine “Feel that?” He whispered quietly.

“Yes” I whispered back, I didn't even know what it was but it was like an out of body experience.

“Alex” A loud voice spoke snapping us back into reality, our hands parted again and I turned to face the voice.

I heard Alex let out a groan as the woman stood with her hands on her small hips, tapping her feet waiting for an answer, she was quite pretty, but nothing to special, she was the type of girl in school who got by on her back with her legs apart. Or so I would imagine.

His girlfriend who was a nurse, she was in pink scrubs and I was guessing she delivered babies. That was just too perfect.

“Sarah” Alex spoke in his deep voice “I've taken leave”

“Who's she?” She glared at me with a scowl over her face.

I didn't respond because I didn't exactly know what to say, I mean was I meant to shake her hand and smile as I spoke 'hey I'm the girl he knocked up one drunken night'

Instead I didn't have to open my trap because an arm slipped around my waist and I found myself being pulled into Josh's chest “She's my pregnant girlfriend, we just had a scan”

Alex and my head snapped toward Josh, what the heck was he doing?

“I didn't know you was in a relationship like Alex and I” she looked between us warily.

“We were keeping it quiet, but now we're having a baby no need to any more I guess” he placed a hand over my stomach which earned him a hard glare from Alex.

“What are you doing?” I whispered as I looked up at him trying to act all in love.

He mirrored my expression pulling me closer into his chest “Saving Alex's ass, she's a crazy bitch who will flip out if she knows your pregnant to him” he whispered softly.

Great on top of my baby daddy having a girlfriend, she also turns out to be a crazy bitch as well.

Alex spoke away from us to her, it was weird because I was standing there wishing he was single, I didn't know him from a bar of soap but still I was wanting to be with him, I didn't like the idea that he was with someone else but I guess there was nothing I could have done.