Chapter Twenty Nine

Ok so having Alex publicly announce to half the doctors that we were getting married in three weeks was a little embarrassing, he got a lot of slaps on the back and congratulations.

There was a lot of nurses with there mouth hung open, I guess they didn't guess the hot doctor was taken.

I met a lot of people and I mean a lot, I figured most of those people would be at our wedding, more people from his side.

Heck I hope we don't have sides and because Emma and Josh were going to be up at the alter with us there would be no one from my family there. Shit I was a loner.

Alex was marrying a loser with no friends.

“he's about to start” Josh leaned closer into me whispering quietly.

I looked through the huge glass window, Alex standing in front of the operating table getting his gown tied at the back.

I seen her scowling as she stared at me, her eyes narrowing in on me and I was getting slight chills over my arms which was covered by a jacket, I leaned into Josh still keeping my eyes on her, letting her know she cant scare me.

Even though she was making me fucking freaked out more than anything.

“she's staring at me” I whispered trying not to move my lips.

Josh looked up and realised what I was on about, he stood walking to the glass and pressed an intercom button on the side wall as he continued to stare out the window “Alex I suggest you tell your scrub nurse to focus rather than try kill us with her death glare” he spoke harshly.

I couldn't even believe he had done that, Alex told her off, I could hear every word he had said and it wasn't pretty, if anything it made her more determined to piss me off.

I looked away when he began slicing the persons chest open, that was too much for me to even handle watching, luckily I had brought a couple wedding magazines with me for the too gory bits that I couldn't look at.

A man walked in the room and took a seat beside me, Josh gave him a nod as his eyes went back to Alex who was unlike anything I ever imagined, he was amazing at what he was doing.

“Lilly isn't it?” the man next to me spoke

I turned giving him a slight smile “yes”

“well congratulations on the engagement, Alex has told me a lot about you, I'm the Phil”

“nice to meet you and thanks” I smiled yet again.

“he's the big Chief of the hospital, our boss in other words” Josh smirked “Lilly is my sister” he spoke to him.

“well I'll be, I didn't know you had any relatives Josh”

“just recently found each other” I answered hoping he didn't want to get into it any more.

All of us got pulled out of our conversation by Alex's sharp voice filling the room, my eyes widened as I seen the blood spurting out of the chest, monitors beeping flat out and getting faster, something bad was happening.

Josh took my hand giving it a slight squeeze to stop the shaking I was doing, I couldn't control it, this was something I hadn't expected.

With the tv shows I knew it was fake, I knew it wasn't real but the image in front of me was.

“is he dead?” I whispered

“not yet” Josh spoke back “are you ok?”

“I think so, I just didn't think it would be like this” I answered him

His arm wrapping around my back, pulling me into his chest.

The heart rate monitors started to slow down, beeping returning to normal and the bleeding seemed to be under control, but still this was something that I knew was going to give me nightmares for one heck of a long time.

“Lilly” I looked up when I heard Alex speaking to me, he held his hands up and my eyes widened, he was holding a human heart, I could tell he was smiling under that mask he wore “now the fun starts babe”

I leaned forward watching as he placed it in the body but looked away as I got a glimpse of the insides of his body.

Yuck!

The man died twice in there and Alex brought him back each time, it was amazing watching how skilled he was at doing that, he was so focused and in a way it made him hotter than ever. He saved lives for a living.

But that wasn't even the funny part, that funniest thing was when he told Jane to fuck off, apparently she was too busy staring me down to pass him his tools and after the third time of asking he had kicked her out and demanded a new nurse to assist him from now on.

“babe” I looked up from the table to see Alex sitting down, wearing his doctors clothing and holding a packet of chips.

“hey” I grinned leaning over to kiss him

“your ok?” he asked over my mouth.

I pulled away even though I didn't want to and nodded “I will never sleep again” I smirked sitting back in my chair.

He groaned but made a laughing sound at the same time “I knew you would freak out, you have a weak stomach”

“you can make it up to me later on tonight”

he paused taking my hand “I'm on call all night, I thought I told you that”

“your never home” I stated feeling completely annoyed.

“I work a lot and you know that”

“I didn't think it would be this much Alex” I sighed resting my cheek on my fist.

“I know but this is what I do, I've already cut down on my hours as it is” he ran a hand through his hair.

I must of looked like a tool sitting there with my mouth hanging open, he had already cut hours down and still working this much, it was freaking crazy.

“are you serious right now?” I asked slightly annoyed, we were meant to be choosing out food for caterers who was doing the food for the reception dinner.

“just pick whatever and I will eat it” he shrugged

I nodded not wanting to get in a fight, all he did was freaking work and I was getting on my nerves big time right now. I took time out of my day to see him do his procedure and he couldn't give me a couple hours of his day.

“I got my dress today” I said trying to get him interested in anyway possible.

“that's good dear” he smiled not looking up from his chips.

“I cheated on you last night” well that finally got a reaction out of him, his brows shot up and his face hardening as he stared at me.

“what?” he blinked a couple times.

“so now your interested in what I have to say” I shrugged.

“where is this coming from?” he leaned closer lowering his voice, there wasn't many people in here but still I wasn't wanting to make a scene at his work.

“I miss you that's all” I muttered.

“I miss you too Lilly” he weakly smiled.

I knew that no matter what I was going to say wouldn't be able to change his mind, I just sat there being quiet, I wanted him to relax after that five hour long surgery and I had to accept that he wouldn't be able to change his rosters around, he was the head surgeon, needed constantly and I was going to have to get used to it, whether I liked it or not, and I definitely did not like it one bit.