Chapter Twenty Two

My screaming caused Josh and Emma to run out of their rooms, both in there pjs and looking half asleep as the came to see what the commotion was all about, the two people who stood in front of me were looking at me wide eyed, Alex's hands were around my waist, which luckily I had chosen to put my pjs on.

“Alex” the woman spoke

“Mum” Alex spoke back “your home early”.

“well son we wanted to spend some time with you before you went back to the city, your never home any more”

My eyes widened even more if it was possible at the realisation that Alex's parents were home. Shit and I had just screamed my lungs out at them, not a great first impression.

“sorry” I whispered feeling more than embarrassed

“that's ok dear, was Alex just walking you out of the house after your roll in the sheets” his dad laughed. Ok now I was embarrassed.

“dad, this is my girlfriend” Alex spoke, his voice getting slightly more sarcastic by the word “you might know her actually, you remember Lilly Marsden?”

The room fell silent and I swear you could have heard a pin drop, there faces went from smiles to a white horror filled look.

His mum was the first to speak “how is this possible?” she whispered

“so you fucking knew all along” Alex hissed with a venom in his voice

“I think we better sit down and explain things” his mum spoke in a softer voice.

“fucking right you better explain things” Alex growled loudly.

Everyone was seated in the living room, it was quite awkward as no one wanted to speak, I heard someone clear there throat then realised it was his dad.

“when you had that accident years ago Lilly was in the car with you, it was raining and a cow was in the middle of the road, Alex you swerved and missed it but the road was slippery, you ended up crashing into head on into a tree, both of you were in coma's for months, Lilly had serious brain swelling and we didn't know if she would ever wake up” he paused a moment, Alex's hold tightened around my hand before his dad continued “we never knew you two were together, Lilly you must have been around four months pregnant meaning you got pregnant at 16 and Alex you was 21, do you know how much trouble you both could have been in”

“what your father is trying to say is that, none of us knew you were together, you were always joined at the hip and we thought you was good friends since Josh was your best friend, we didn't know what to think, and when you woke up you had no idea who each other was, that was a blessing so your parents decided it was best if you left town, that way you wouldn't have to deal with everything and we agreed to it, you were too young for a child and it was the best decision to be made, we kept Lily's horse because we knew how much you loved her, you both would go riding each afternoon” his mother spoke.

Josh cleared his throat and begun talking “you didn't know who I was, and Alex knew who I was, he needed me, he needed a friend so I decided to stay here with him”

“you left me” I spoke finally finding my voice “where's the baby?” I asked, If I was four months then I should have been fine.

The room fell into an uncomfortable silence again, Emma weakly smiled “when you had that accident, because your parents found out then they” she stopped talking and burst into tears.

“what happened to our baby?” I asked ignoring her crying.

“we decided it was best to abort it, you were both too young” my head snapped to his father, they had chosen to kill our child.