Chapter Thirty

I left the hospital after sitting at the table with Alex in silence for ten minutes, I made up some excuse about needing to go to the shop before heading home.

He didn't question me but I knew he didn't believe a word of my lie.

I sat up at the kitchen table with the laptop and all the food menu's, I had no idea what to have, I didn't even know what type of wedding Alex wanted, so far we had organised mine and Emma's desk and that was it.

“want some help?” I looked up to see Josh leaning against the frame.

“sure” I answered

“so what are we doing?” he sat down picking the papers up.

“you choose”

“you know your future mother in law would love to help with this” he smirked.

I groaned at the thought, yes I knew she would love to help but again we would be eating a spit roast and drinking beer, not that there was anything wrong with that but it just wasn't what I wanted our day to be like.

“I can't do this, Alex should be helping me” I slumped my head forward to the desk.

“well fuck this then, lets go to a bar and get drunk” he pushed all the papers away and stood up.

Getting drunk at a bar sounded perfect right now.

Shots, shots and more shots were being tossed down my throat, I couldn't even feel the burning sensation any more as I was on my fifth one, Josh was wasted as hell, we both were.

I snapped a selfie of us together, holding our drinks in our faces and grinning like losers, I sent it to Alex, may have not been the best idea but what the hell, I would deal with his pissed off mood after.

Emma joined us, wrapping her arms around my waist and singing in our ears, her drunk always led to singing loudly.

“where's fuck me into the headboard?” she asked, I almost choked on my drink.

“who?”

“der the tall blonde who impregnated your little sister” she spoke loudly making the people next to us give us a weird look.

Josh cringed at the thought of Alex and I getting out horny freak on, I laughed at him as I took another shot.

“to finding each other again” Josh held his glass to mine, I repeated his words and clinked glasses with him, having my first drink with my brother.

It was well and truly past midnight before we caught a taxi and stumbled into the apartment, it was empty so no surprises there, I hadn't gotten a response from Alex, he must be busy and or in surgery still or with Jane.

Ugh that bitch made me angry as hell.

“I'm off to bed” I called out “alone” I added with a hint of sarcasm to it.

“night Lilly, sleep well” Emma called back closing her door

Josh walked towards me, well more so stumbling towards me if anything “he loves you, he's worked like this for ten or so years, don't give up on him, he doesn't know how to be in a relationship”

“I know” I answered wrapping my arms around his neck, giving my brother a hug and damn it felt good.

My legs ached, maybe it was a bad idea to wear heels while I was dancing, I stripped off naked and climbed in the bed, laying on Alex's side and closing my eyes.

A body moving in the bed woke me up, bringing me into a warm hard chest and judging by the thing over my thigh it was a naked body.

“how much did you drink?” Alex spoke as he kissed over my back.

“alot” I groaned “I feel sick”

“serves you right” he chuckled, I could tell he was smirking in my back at this moment.

“what time is it?”

“a little past 5” he whispered pulling me over so I was facing him.

“babe, it's early” I yawned

“are you still pissed with me?” I got a good look at his eyes, he looked so tired and exhausted, like he hadn't slept in weeks.

“I'm just upset, I thought us moving in would mean seeing each other more but I hardly see you, I want to know that if we had a baby you would be around and not coming and going like you do” I answered.

“I know, I know I haven't been paying you enough attention and that I have been a pretty shit fiance to you, let me start by making it up right now” he whispered, his voice suddenly darkening and turning husky as he moved over the top of me and lowering himself under the covers.

“please wake me up like this all the time” I breathed out as Alex's mouth placed firmly over my heated core.

Sex with him this morning was different, I felt myself reconnect to him, we hadn't spent that much time making love since the day before my bloody mess happened, it was just a usual quickie before bed time, not that I minded.

“I love you” I whispered as my eyes started to close again.

“love you more beautiful, I have the next two days off so we can get some wedding things organised” he pulled me to his chest tracing his fingers over my back.

That sounded perfect actually.

He was making an effort, a big effort considering he hadn't been paying any attention to any of this planning earlier on in the week, I didn't even have to ask him to look at the food menus once we woke up from our sleep, the sleep that lasted most the day.

“why don't we just have finger foods?” he asked “I wont eat half of this stuff that's on here”

I stood from where I was sitting and walking around the table, pulling his chair back and sitting on his lap, wrapping my arms over his neck “that is exactly what I thought” I smiled, I was pretty happy that he wanted the same thing.

“good” he pecked my lips “so drinking last night without me huh?” he smirked.

I rolled my eyes “is that ok?”

“I would have preferred to have been with you but it's good you and Josh had some time together, you need to get that bond back”

His mouth dipped to my neck and he latched on hard, sucking like a vampire who was needing his next feed, the only difference was Alex made it all the more pleasurable, his hands went underneath my shirt and cupped my breast, trying not to get to distracted as Josh and Emma were in the next room, they could walk in any moment and find us about to screw on the dining table.

“bedroom now” I breathed out after he let my neck go.

Alex had me swooped up in his arms and on the bed, stripping me off and attacking me “what's the best way to get pregnant?” he pulled back breathing heavily.

I shrugged, how the hell was I mean to know what position was the best “no idea, what did we do the first time?”

“alot of different ones” he cracked a smile.

Emma barged in just as Alex collapsed to my chest, my heavy breathing matching his as I pulled the covers further up over our naked bodies, he looked pissed off and I knew how much he was getting annoyed over her always walking in unannounced.

“I'm sorry but you need to get out here right now” Emma hissed covering her eyes with her hands and turning around.

“why, were kind of busy” I whisper yelled, hating the fact that this was meant to be our time, I was also meant to lay on the bed with my legs in the air for a good hour trying to make our chance of falling pregnant higher.

Emma turned around and dropped her hands “your sister”.