What if?

{Authors note: my original OTP for supernatural was Dean/Jo and this is a "what if" Cas managed to save Jo in Abandon All Hope, not obvious destiel but Cas gets jealous...Enjoy!}

"Please Cas... Jo she's.. It's bad, I need you here buddy, you have to save her" I looked back through the shelves of the hardware store. Jo is getting paler by the minute and Ellen is trying to keep it together, it's all my fault and Cas is the only one who can save her. I only hope that I'm not praying to a dead angel.

      ~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~
Dean. I hear the guilt in his prayer, his anger at himself for not being faster. I wish more than anything that I can go to him and to fix Joanna, but the holy fire still rages around me and the rusty screw I've been working on isn't where I need it to be. Not yet anyway. Meg has been quiet since lucifer left us, she now turns her attention to me

"So Clarence. How's traveling with the Winchester's? Looks like it hasn't done you any favors" she grins wickedly while nodding toward my prison of flame,"to be honest the only one of those two worth anything is Sammy boy. Lucifer needs his vessel after all, and when I was possessing him.... Oh I've never had so much fun...."

"Silence hag. The Winchester's are noble, they are everything that you never were" anger at her disregard of the elder Winchester gives me more focus to escape my prison, fortunately my trap is set. Now all I need is the bait.

"Is that how you talk to a lady? No wonder you hang around those boys. So rude..." She steps closer, an attempt a seduction I assume. I walk close to the edge and bait her

"Come here and I'll show you what I've learned from them" as she steps inward I lunge forward and pull her into the circle. She laughs

"Now what? You're just as stuck as before! All you have is-"

"A bridge" I shove her into the holy fire and walk across her vessel to answer Dean's prayer.

      ~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~
When I appeared next to Joanna I was surprised to see deans back. Then I realized that he was kissing her gently, he looked so broken. I felt a strong emotion, I don't know what it was, anger? No, I believe the term is.... Jealousy, I do like Joanna, she is quite enjoyable but I realize that she usually has deans attention instead of me.

"Cas?!" Dean looks ecstatic to see me. "Can you?..." He trails off looking at Jo.

"Anything you wish Dean" I place my hand on her torn abdomen and heal her, it was difficult.. Hell hounds give wounds that are difficult to heal even by angel standards.

"Thanks Cas" Jo smiles at me, I help her up and wonder how it felt to have deans kiss.

"Of course. Anything to save a friend, I'll get you and your mother out of here. Dean and Sam will come with me to face my brother"

"What?! Hell no! We can do something, get the hell hounds off our trail, kill a few demons, it's not right!"

"Jo. Go with Cas and your mom. Even if the hellhounds are off our tail lucifer could still use you guys as leverage against us, we wont let that happen again."

She looks angry, before she can argue I send her and Ellen back to Bonny's house. It has strained me a bit though, the hellhound wound, and sending Ellen and Jo away weakened me. I was unsteady and Dean caught me before I fell.

"Woah Cas you ok?"

"Yes. I am just slightly weakened, it will pass in a moment" Dean held on to me and I finally could stand.

"Well.... Ready?"

"No"

"Wouldn't kill you to lie now and then" he chuckled and shook his head. I looked at him, memorized his features, just in case I was reduced to atoms.

"Cas you've done enough. Maybe you should go to. Me and Sammy will handle it" while I had been arguing with Jo Sam had been informed of the recent issue by Dean."we're nothing but trouble. You deserve better."

"Dean I will always stand by you. I deserve nothing more or less than to be at your side"he looked surprised. Maybe I said too much, human emotion is not what i would describe as easy. I thought I saw a hint of a smile then he steeled himself for his next words

"Ok then. Let's go kill the devil"

We shared a moment of silence and he smiled and laughed at this ridiculous statement. He turned and began to walk off, as I followed all I thought was, even if you do not feel the same about me I will always stay by you, I will always fight the evil, and I will continue to treasure the day that I saved you the first time. What if, Dean Winchester, you loved me too?