Chapter 27

A/N 1.3K (': I honestly didn't even think I'd hit 1k before school starts. I still have 4 days until school starts and I've already hit 1.3k :D

-

(Harry's POV)

The last bell of the day rang, signaling that it was finally time to go home. Everyone in my music class gets up to leave. Everyone, except Louis and I.

Our eye contact doesn't break. A few people glanced between us, but nobody said anything.

I wonder what he's thinking. What could possibly be going on in his pretty little head..?
Do I even want to know..?

The room is empty, even the teacher had left. Probably to go to the teacher meeting that they always have on certain days of the week. 

"Harry." Louis says finally breaking the silence. I blink my eyes and look to the ground, being the first to break eye contact. I don't say anything. "Harry..?" He says again.

"Louis..." I say quietly, still looking at the ground. I hear movement, but I still don't look up.
"Harry, look at me." Louis says, his voice much closer now.
I look up and flinch back a little, seeing that his face is only inches away from mine.
"That song... What did you mean by it..?" Louis asks.
"What do you think I meant by it..?" I ask hesitantly and bite my lip.

"I..." He trails off for a moment. "Harry, do you have feelings for me..?" He asks.

I don't reply.

"Harold." Louis says, looking into my eyes for answers.  "Y-you do, don't you?" 
"Maybe... Just a little." I lie. Cause I know it's not just a little.
"I'm sorry... I care about you... But, I just don't think I feel for you... That way..." Louis admits. 
At that moment I swear I could feel my heart break. I feel my cheeks start to heat up and my eye sights blur from tears that start to form. No, fucking hell. I don't want to cry in front of him, not now.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry." He says cupping my face and wiping the tears away with his thumbs. "I'm straight... But... Give me time, okay?" He says. 

What?

"T-time..?" I ask, my voice barely audible. 
"Yeah." He sighs. "Let's just see what the future brings, yeah? Don't give up on me..." He gives me a small smile. My heart flutters at his words. 

"O-okay." I say, quietly as a small smile forms on my lips.
"C'mon, let's go home. I don't have practice today." He says, standing up straight since he was kneeling down in front of my. He backs up and holds out his hand for me to take. I stand up from my chair and take his hand. Man, this boy is absolutely something else.

Luckily neither of us have any homework, so we don't stop by our lockers. We just walk straight out of school and make our way home. We didn't see Liam nor Niall, they must have already gone home.
The walk to my house was quiet, but nice. Louis didn't let go of my hand, he didn't let the fact that I like him, make our friendship awkward. 

We made it back to my house and went up to my room, mum was at work. 
"So, have you decided on a song for your solo? You have to perform it tomorrow you know?" I say, breaking the silence.

"Um, yeah. Just... Nervous is all." He says and sits on my bed. "I've never sang in front of anyone before." 
"That's okay, neither have I. Well, until today I mean." I chuckle slightly. 
"You've got a beautiful voice, Hazza." Louis says and smiles up at me. 
"Thanks, Lou." I say, smiling back.

"It makes me feel like my voice is shit compared to yours." Louis admits. 
"Shush, I bet it's wonderful." I say as my cheeks get slightly pink.
"When Liam, Niall, and I were younger. We'd always joke around about forming a band. It was around our 8th year in school. We were absolutely bonkers. We'd stand on the tables in the lunch room and sing our hearts out. We sucked." Louis says, laughing at the memory. I smile at him fondly. He's so cute when he laughs. 
"You lads are crazy." I say, laughing at the thought of them standing on tables and singing. "Are they any good at singing?" I ask. 
"When we were younger, they were alright I guess. Our voices cracked a lot. But, I haven't heard them sing recently. So, maybe they've gotten better." Louis says.

-

We talked for hours about our pasts, both good and bad memories. I've never felt closer to anyone in my life. It was around midnight when Louis decided he'd better go home. I wished he had stayed the night, but he said he needed to practice the song he was going to sing. 
After he left, I waited about an hour before I snuck out to go for a walk. 
I was walking for about 30 minutes before I noticed a familiar figure walking towards me.

"Hey, stranger." The figure says, it's dark out so I can't tell who it is.
"Um, Hi?" I reply.

"It's me, remember, the guy who beat the piss out of you." He says, and as he gets closer I remember.
"Shut up, it was a fair fight." I say.

"Sure."

"Um, is your name Zayn..?" I blurt out.
"How'd you know?" He asks, curiosity filling his voice.

"Well, Uh... My friend, he saw the busted lip and stuff, and asked me what happened. I told him I had gotten in a fight, he asked with who. I kinda described you to him and he says he knew you..." I say, unsure of if I should have even mentioned that I knew his name.
"Huh, and who might this friend of yours be?" He asks.

"Uh... L-louis Tomlinson..."