Chapter 35

A/N NO FOOKIN WAYYY. 2K READS. HOLY SHIT. THAT MAKES ME SO FREAKING HAPPY :D
It's been 5 months since Zayn left ):

So, I dyed my hair how Zayn's hair used to be with the blonde streak.
The dye is in my hair right as we speak. I'm gonna wash it out once I'm done writing this(:

-

(Harry's POV)

I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing.

"Hello?" I heard Louis say somewhere else in the house. "Good. We went to the arcade yesterday, it was fun." "Yes, I'm feeling okay." "Yes, but we'll need to get a refill on the ones I take in the mornings. I'm running out." 

Refill?

"No." "Yes, I've been drinking enough water." "Yes, mum." "Okay, I love you too." 

What was that about?

I sat up on the bed and rubbed my eye with the back of my hand. My phone started ringing. Ugh.

"Hello?" I say,  my voice deep and groggy. 

'Harry? Did you just wake up? It's almost noon.' It's my mum. Of course. Wait. Almost noon?

"Yes, I just woke up. Is it really almost noon? Why didn't Louis wake me up?" 

'I don't know, maybe he just didn't want to. But, anyways. I was just calling to check up on you.'

"Alright."

'Are you being good?'

"Yes." I reply in a harsh tone. I'm so tired of always hearing that question.

'Good. I've got to go now. Bye.' I just hung up, not bothering to saying goodbye. 

"Harry? Are you up?" Louis says, his voice getting closer.
"Yeah." I say back. "Why didn't you wake me up?"
"You looked so peaceful sleeping, I didn't want to bother you." He says, entering the room

"Oh."

"Are you hungry?" He asks, and goes over to the mirror on the dresser to fix his hair.

"Starving." I reply just as my stomach growls.
"Okay, well I can't cook. But, I think we have stuff for sandwiches in the fridge and chips in the cabinet." He says, turning to look at me.

"Sounds great." I say, giving him a smile. He gave me a small smile in return and walked out of the room.
I got out of bed, stretched a little and walked out of his room to go to the kitchen. Louis was already sitting at the table, eating an apple, whispering something to himself. 

Why does he always whisper to himself?

I walked over to the fridge and pulled out stuff to make a turkey sandwich, along with a water bottle.

After I finished making my sandwich I went over to sit across from Louis at the table. He jumped a little when I sat in front of him. Obviously in his own little world. 

"Did I scare you?" I asked.
"Just a little, I was spacing off." He said and laughed a little.
"How'd you sleep?" I want to make sure he's been sleeping alright. Or at all. 

"Great, actually. I haven't had a nightmare since you've been here." He says and smiles at me.

"That's good." It makes me happy knowing that he's able to get a good nights rest when I'm around. 

"What do you want to do today?" He asks, playing with the ring on his finger. Awe, he's still wearing it. I look down at my hand to make sure i'm still wearing mine too. I am.

"Doesn't matter." It really doesn't as long as I'm with you Louis. But, I'm definitely not going to tell him that.

"Wanna practice the song?" He asks, and takes a bite of his apple.

"Sure, after I'm done eating we can if you'd like." I say and take a bite out of my sandwich. He nods in response and we spend the rest of the time at the table quietly eating. 

-

We've been working on this song for four hours. We've taken a few breaks here and there at least. 

I know this song by heart. I can recite the lyrics fucking backwards if I really need to. I'm getting tired of practicing this.

"Loooeeeeee." I whine, "Can we be done for today, I'm bored."

Louis looked over to the clock. 
"I guess we can be done, it's almost 5 p.m We've been working on this all day." He says and closes his notebook. He walks over to a shelf to put it back, there's something off about the way he's walking though. His hand is a little shaky as he put his notebook on the shelf.
Now that I think about it, he looks a little pale.

"Louis?" I say, walking over to him, "Are you alright?"

"Fine, why?" Lie.
"You don't look fine." I say. Just as I'm about to ask him one more time, his phone starts to ring.

"Hi, mum." He says into the phone. "Good, we've been working on our duet all day." "I had an apple around noon." "I had some about an hour ago." "I feel fine." "Mum, I-" "Okay, yes. I understand." "Sorry." "Love you too, bye." 

What was all that about?

"Hungry?" Louis asks me after he hung up on his mum. 

"Sure." I hesitantly say. I wonder why he's asking me that all of a sudden.

"What do you want to eat, all I know how to make is Pizza." He says, his face turning slightly pink. Is he embarrassed that he doesn't know how to make anything else, but pizza? I looked over to him and heard him whispering something to himself again. But, I can't hear it.
What does he always whisper to himself? Liams word's reply in my head again. "Louis has a lot of personal issues." Now i'm starting to wonder if it's just something more than Insomnia.

"Harry?" Louis says, making me lose my train of thought. 

"Yeah?" I reply.
"Pizza..?" He asks.

"Oh, right. Sorry. Um, I could make us tacos if you'd like?" I say, going into the kitchen to see if he even has everything needed to make tacos. He does.
"You don't have to." He says.
"I want to, it's fine. I love cooking." I assure him and get started.

-

"Here you go." I say, handing Louis a plate with two tacos on it. 

"Thanks." He says, giving me a weak smile and taking the plate with shaky hands.

"Are you sure you're alright?" I ask him, now i'm worried.
"Yes, I'm fine. I promise." He says, setting his plate on the table and walking over to the fridge to get a bottle of water. "Want some water?" He asks, looking at me. His eyes aren't as bright as they used to be. He is not okay.

"Sure." I say, and sat down at the table. He came back over, sat down, and handed me my water.
"Thanks." I say.
He hummed in response and took a bite out of his taco.

"This is delicious." Louis says after he has swallowed his first bite.

I nod my head in response because I have a mouth full of food. I've gotten pretty good at cooking. When I was in jail I helped every day in the kitchen. Tacos are my specialty. I cooked them every Tuesday. It's the only meal they actually let me cook. Most of the time I was just helping out. 

-

We spent the rest of dinner in silence, eating taco after taco. I had about 5 tacos and Louis had 7. 

He really must have been hungry. He's gotten color back to his skin now. His eyes are a bright blue again and his hands are no longer shaky. That makes me feel a lot better.
Maybe he just needed something to eat.
He's in the shower now, I'm laying on his bed waiting for him to get out so I can shower after him. I heard the water go off and the bathroom door open. Then he walked into the room only wearing the towel around his waist.

Oh. My. God.