Chapter 4 :)

After we arrived at the hospital, Liam carried me off the bus instead of Louis. He'd explained to me that they were done touring for a couple months and they bought a hotel room which to their convenience was right down the road. The hospital contacted Jeff, but he cursed out the nurse and hung up. He wouldn't be visiting me. I was just a burden to him. Still, his 'angelic' 21 year old son who still lived at home wasn't a trouble at all. They were both unemployed filth that I wanted nothing to do with.

The doctors diagnosed me with a concussion and some internal bleeding. My wrist still throbbed with pain, but it wasn't twisted or broken. It was just strained. The cut on my shoulder was now lined with stitches, and even though it stopped bleeding, the nurses kept on changing the gauze.

The boys visited me as much as possible. I was grateful, but I wished they would ALL just leave me alone. It was my second day in the hospital and Liam and Louis were visiting me.

Louis came and sat down beside me and Liam went to use the bathroom after a brief hello. 

"So," Louis said. "How are you holding up?"

"Well let's see... um I spoke with the police yesterday and they still haven't found the guy who did this to me yet." I purposely left out the fact that I knew who he was. I told the police his name, but it would be more embarrassing if the boys knew I trusted him. I was stupid to think anyone could ever like me.

Louis still didn't see past my lie though. "So the police know who they're looking for?"

I pursed my lips. I really wanted to avoid that conversation. "I don't have to tell you."

He folded his arms. "What makes you think that? I am, after all, the one who saved your ass." He smirked and leaned back in his chair. "I'm glad I did."

"Sarcasm?" I asked.

His eyebrows scrunched together and he laughed. "No! I mean it. I actually brought you something today."

I cocked my head to one side as he reached into the front pocket of his jacket and offered me a pink and white striped box. "A gift? Oh no, Louis, you didn't have to do that."

"Yes actually I did."

I hadn't been given a present for... well a very long time. I accepted it carefully and opened it, peeling away the tissue paper that was hiding a little mini card and a little purple Teddy bear key-chain.

"We weren't sure what color to get you, so we went with the color of your clothes the other night. You like purple?"

I nodded. "Yea. It's cute. Thank you."

I opened the card which was about three inches long and two inches wide. It was filled with purple confetti and said 'wishing you a speedy recovery.'

I folded it back up and put it in the box with my key-chain. "Thanks Louis."

I set the box down on the table next to me. I wasn't used to being treated this way. I didn't like change either.

"It was no problem. What else do we have to spend money on?"

I felt my heart sink a little. "Oh. Right that's why you would buy something for me. Alright, I understand."

He looked hurt. "Uh, no Saby-"

"No you know what, just go. I'm fine on my own."

He looked at me in disbelief and flung his hands up in the air. "Okay, well I tried. But you just blew it." He started towards the door and spun around after pushing it open. "You know, you can't just keep blocking people out like this Saby. Everyone needs SOMEONE."

Just as he rounded the corner, Liam appeared with a confused look on his face. "What was he raving on about?"

"Nothing."

He considered this for a second, obviously not believing me, and shrugged. "It was nice seeing you Saby. I should probably go check on him."

"Yea," I said as he backed away. "You go do that."

He smiled. "I hope you liked the gift then. Get well soon."

After they left I sat there staring at the box on the table. I guess I shouldn't have spoken to Louis that way. I could've kicked myself for being so stupid. Later the nurse came in and offered me some food, but I had lost my appetite. They had drugged me up enough so that I slept easily all night. But as soon as I woke up, I felt the same wavering guilt trembling through my body.