Chapter 30 :D

*Okay guys. This is the end of part one. Brace yourselves :') *

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

"Saby..."

He took another weary step and then walked over to the piano, whuch had a whole bunch if stuff covering it. But I didn't care. I was filled with this evangelical zeal and I couldn't believe my eyes. I watched as he went over and sat down on the hard wooden bench, his fingers hovering over the black and white keys. He stabbed at a couple notes and I instantly thought, 'why has this idiot come all the way from- who knows where- just to monkey around with a rugged old piano?'

"What are you..."

But slowly, he began to play something more complex, something I'd never heard before. I remembered him telling me that he knew how to play piano, but he never told me he was a professional. His body swayed but his posture remained steady. His fingers moved at the speed of light and created a beautiful sound. It wasn't jazzy, or country, or rock, or even pop; it was sweet and soft, like melted butter on a cool winter's day.

And then he began to sing.

"Hazel eyes... shining bright... I never should've said goodbye. I thought I knew... how love goes... it always hurts and burns and dies. But then I met you, and it completely changed my world."

He turned to look at me, and I turned away because I knew I was one more glance away from bursting into tears. He kept playing and his voice made my heart feel like jelly and my body warm and fuzzy.

"I remember when... we ran through the mall... and you thought I was going to kiss you in that store. I almost did... I swear I could've... but I was too scared at first. So later that night... when our lips met... I was the happiest I'd ever been..."

He started playing harder and louder and suddenly broke into the chorus, strong and full of emotion and honesty and passion.

"Baby please, give me another chance. I know that I screwed up. I know that I did bad... but baby you, got me so in love, I just can't get enough. Darling, say you'll stay, and please don't walk away. You know I'd give anything to be with you... forever."

"Louis..." I said, but he kept playing, tears streaming down his rosey cheeks and clinging to his lustrous lashes.

"You at first... you hated me... but you were just as scared as I was. To fall in love... when you'd been hurt... beyond repair, it's just not fair."

It was getting harder and harder for him to sing, his throat tightening by the second, but his voice was still like velvet. I let my tears fall to the dusty concrete floor, splattering like shattered eggs. How was this happening..? Was I dreaming? Louis... he had to be there. And if he wasn't, who knows what.

"And when you left... I hated myself... and then my job got in the way. They told me I... I can't be single... because we might lose publicity."

His face was hard, and I could tell he was also having a hard time forming words. He built up power again and started a new refrain with different words.

"Oh, baby, I'll never hurt you again. I'll never be so stupid... stupid enough to give up on love and shrug it off and I... I know you don't believe, but I wasn't so sure myself... so darling say, you'll stay with me, and never walk away and I'll always love you... forever."

A new pattern of notes were strung along elegently and more quiet than before. He hit the chords once every measure as he sang the bridge.

"Losing you. Was one mistake. And hurting you... was another. But I can promise you, my love for you is true. Baby stay with me."